Chapter 13- Fear {Part 2}

A/N- Hi! It's been such a long time since I've updated. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Cuz I had a huge writer's block and I'm writing this story that I really want to finish but I'll publish it when I finish it. Also, I'm gonna change how I write the paragraphs in this cuz it really bothers me. So, without further ado, here's Chapter 13: Fear {Part 2}

Normal POV

"Don't you dare hurt my friends!"

"Look who finally decided to show up." Cole smirked. "Little Clarity finally decided to wake up."

"I take my time. But if you hurt my friends, that's when I take action." Clarity said firmly.

"It's already been an hour, Clarity. You should've taken action thirty minutes ago." Jay said from behind, making the gray ninja glare at him.

"We have one problem." Lloyd reminded. "Our powers doesn't work."

"You're letting your fear control you." Reynalyn told them.

"Fear can lead to trouble. But looks like you're already in trouble." Cole chuckled.

The infected people came closer, sending chills down the ninjas' spines. Clarity, on the other hand, looks more angry than scared.

Using her powers, Clarity sent her fist forward and Cole, who was far from her, got smacked in the face.

"Argh!" Cole growled. "You'll regret that!"

He then started to run deeper in the forest as the infected people walked closer to the ninja.

"I'm gonna go after Cole," Clarity told the others. "You guys stay here and fight these infected people."

"What?!" Jay whined.

"Just do it! I know what I'm doing." Clarity then ran after Cole, fighting her way through the crowd of infected people.

The rest of the ninja took out their weapons and started fighting, though they were scared.

Clarity finally caught up with Cole. She approached him, sword held high. He was standing on the edge of a cliff that overlooks the quiet, infected city.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked before turning to face the master of matter.

"You call this beautiful?! All of the people in Ninjago has been infected, Cole." Clarity said. "I know you don't want to hurt anyone, especially your friends. But you gotta fight back the urge to obey that voice!"

"I can't, okay?!" Cole suddenly shouted. "He said he will send all the infected ones to kill you guys! And I can't let that happen!!"

"But if you obey whoever it is, we'll all die." Clarity said as she lowered her sword. "If we're all infected and controlled, Ninjago will fall. You once told me that no matter how hard things get, we must always stick to the light."

Cole's expression softened and he looked at the master of matter. Fear and confusion visible in his eyes.

"You're right," Cole mumbled as he covered his face with his hands. "I'm such a fool to think that we'll lose."

"Everyone doubt every once in a while," Clarity shrugged. "Come on. We have to help the others."

"How can you still trust me to do what's right?! After what I've done, I don't deserve to be forgiven." Cole looked guilty and he bit his lip as he glanced at the darkened city behind him.

"None of this was your fault. You did what you thought would keep your friends safe." Clarity smiled. "I've been where you are, and you forgave me still. I'm just telling you what you told me a couple of months ago."

Clarity stood there, waiting for Cole's response. Cole walked closer to her then held her hand.

"Thanks, Clarity." He said, smiling. "Come on. We have some friends to save."

With that, the duo ran back through the forest and to the open area where countless of infected people surrounded their friends.

Clarity looked at Cole and he looked at her. They both took out their weapons and smiled at each other.

"Ready?" Clarity asked.

Cole swung his scythe around then said, "Ready."

"Ninja- GO!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, here is chapter 13. Finally! So, I hope you guys liked it even though it was short. Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment and share!