Chapter 4- Another Bite

Bailey's POV

We flew around the city looking for any survivors, the other ninja rode on Lia's dragon form while I fly beside them in my raven form. "Is anybody nervous of what might happen?" Jay asked, laughing nervously. "I am." Cole said. "Me too." Lloyd, Kai, Zane and Reynalyn said in unison. "I'm not." I said. "Me too." Clarity boasted. "I'm nervous of something." Lia said. I looked at her weirdly. "What?" Jay asked curiously. "It's....." Lia replied but was interrupted when a scream was heard from a house nearby. "...that!" She said. "Quickly, Lia." Lloyd, who was holding Lia's reins, said as he pulled the reins slightly to the right. I flew down and landed beside Lia. We both changed back into our human form then we approached the house.

Cole pushed open the door and we quietly went in. "Stay alert." Lloyd told us. We scanned the dark room, fully alert. As I looked behind the couch, I heard a moan from behind me. I turned around and saw a girl with white-ish blonde hair and silver eyes standing weakly by the kitchen door. "Um.... guys?" I quietly said. They all looked at what I was looking at and Lia sighed in relief. "Oh, thank goodness you're alright." Lia smiled then walked over to the girl. The girl started crying, "Please. Stay away." She said. "What.... what's wrong?" Lia asked as she stopped in her tracks. The girl suddenly looked worried, "I'm sorry." She said. Without any warning, she screeched then tackled Lia.

"Ahh!" Lia screamed as she tried to pull the girl away using the vines she grew. Cole and Kai helped. "She must've been bitten." Clarity said. "No!" Lia shouted. Then, we heard two moans coming from the kitchen. I took a peek and saw two infected adults, a woman and a man. They saw me then ran towards me, mouths ready to bite. I quickly dodged and Reynalyn, Clarity and I fought the woman while Zane, Jay and Lloyd fought the man. They are quite fast, and quite strong.

Kai's POV

Cole and I tried to pull the girl away from Lia while the others fought two more infected ones. "She's quite strong." Cole said, trying to pull harder. "She's always been strong." Lia said. The girl groaned and her infected skin slowly turned normal, "I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry. You m-must go. I c-c-can't fight t-t-the virus for long." The girl tried to say. Lia stood up then put a hand on the girl's shoulder. Is she crazy? "You can fight it. Don't worry. We'll find a cure soon." Lia sobbed. The girl groaned once more then her skin became infected again and she tried to bite Lia's hand. Cole quickly pull Lia's hand away, but the girl had bitten his hand. "Ow! She bit me!" Coke shouted angrily. I let go of the girl and went to Cole. "You'll be fine." I told him. "I hope." He gulped.

After the others defeated the other two, we surrounded Cole, trying to tell him that everything's gonna be ok.

Lia's POV

I was worried. We all are. Cole got bitten, of course we're all worried. But, it's not just a bitten friend I'm worried about. I'm gonna need to tell them sooner or later. There's no hiding the truth now. "Guys," I started. They all looked at me and I gulped. "I-" I tried to say, but I was interrupted again by a screech. We turned around and saw the infected girl standing, the vines that held her a while ago lay withered on the ground. She screeched again then ran after me. "Ahh!" I yelled as I ran. She soon cornered me. "Milley! Stop!" I tried to shout. Oh no. I just said it. She screeched then jumped towards me, mouth ready to bite. I closed my eyes, scared of what might happen next.

BANG!

I opened my eyes and saw the girl on the floor and Reynalyn panting, with a metal pipe on her hands. Where'd she get that. "You ok?" Reynalyn said panting. "No." I replied then knelt beside the dead body. I stroke her long pale blonde hair. The others walked over then looked at me, confused. "Alright! What just happened?! Who the heck is that?!" Jay asked pointing at the dead girl. I was about to tell them, but I hesitated. "Lia?" Bailey slowly said and I sighed. I don't know how they're gonna react. "There's something I didn't tell you, guys. This girl's name is Milley and she's......." I paused, afraid of what's going happen.

~~~~~

OOOHH! CLIFFHANGER!!

Sorry if it's shorter than usual. I wanted to leave the surprise for next chapter. But..... you can still guess who Milley is. ;)

Sorry for the cliffhanger. See ya guys soon.

~~~~~