Chapter 11- Screams In The Dark

Lloyd's POV

I was woken up by a scream. I sat up and saw that the others were also awake. "What was that?" Lia asked, rubbing her eyes. "You mean, who was that?" Zane corrected. "Oh no." Kai gasped, "Reynalyn's gone!" "And so is Cole." Bailey added. "Cole must've done something bad to her." Jay growled. "What makes you say that?" I asked. Jay looked suspicious, "He was acting weird when I went to get more firewood. He must've lead Reynalyn away so that he can infect her." He explained.

"The virus must've taken effect on him. We have to find him and Reynalyn." Kai said. "Should we leave Clarity here?" Jay asked, looking at Clarity, who was still asleep. "She can handle herself. Let's go." Kai said. "Find her, Lia." I commanded. Lia nodded then transformed into a dog. She started sniffing around then ran through some bushes. We followed her and we soon came to an open area.

We saw Reynalyn laying on the ground. Kai ran over to check if she's ok. Zane and Bailey went to look around while Jay, Lia and I ran over to Kai. "She's unconscious. I think Cole hit her on the head to knock her out." Kai told us. Suddenly, we heard another scream. "That's Bailey." Lia said. "Cole's nearby. He must've attacked Bailey and Zane." Jay said. Lia and I ran to find them while Jay stayed behind.

Bailey's POV

Zane and I went to look around. No signs of Cole. I'm getting more worried as we walked away from the others. Zane noticed and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry. Everything will be fine." He told me. I sighed, "I hope it will." We continued to walk, until I felt like someone was watching us. I turned around and saw no one.

"What's wrong?" Zane asked. "I think someone's watching us." I replied, "Stay alert." We walked a little more. Then we heard a bush rustling. Suddenly, an infected one came running at me. In fear, I screamed and I wasn't able to move. Luckily, Zane jumped towards it and stabbed it with his sword.

I stared in shock. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded slowly. "We better be careful." He told me and I nodded. We were just about to continue on our way when we heard a chuckle from the trees. "What was that?" I asked. "Well, well, well. Look who just sounded the alarm." I heard a familiar voice say.

I looked up at one of the trees and saw my brother. "Cole!" I called as Zane saw him too. "Hello, little sis. Have any bites lately?" He asked. I was confused and scared at the same time. He wasn't acting himself.

"Uh.... no. I haven't been bitten. Yet." I slowly replied. He jumped down and I saw a branch on his hand. Zane and I slowly and cautiously walked backwards. "Good." Cole slyly said, raising the branch he was holding. "Because he might corrupt you too."

"What?" I said. Zane growled, "What do you mean, Cole? Who is 'he'?" He asked. "I'm afraid I can't tell you." Cole replied, "But I can show you what I mean by corrupt." Without any warning, he charges at Zane and they both fought. I was about to help, but countless of infected ones came charging from behind the bushes. I tried my best to fight but I was outnumbered.

An infected one pushed me hard. I fell backwards and I thought I was a goner. Another infected one opened it's mouth to bite me, but someone kicked it away and blocked the other ones using a wall of energy.

"Lloyd!" I said, happy to see him. "You ok?" He asked as he tried to pushed the crowd of infected people. "Yeah. I gotta help Zane." I told him as Lia helped me up. "Zane can handle him." Lia said. "Yeah. Let's just focus on stopping these infected people from biting us." Lloyd told us. We both nodded then took out our weapons.

Lia whipped some away, Lloyd uses his energy ball to blast the infected ones away and I used my shadow powers to dodge and then shoot the infected ones using my gun.

Jay's POV

We were hearing countless of gunshots. I was getting worried. Then, I heard a moan from Reynalyn. Kai and I turned around and saw that Reynalyn was sitting up and rubbing her head.

"You ok, Reynalyn?" Kai asked as we knelt beside her. She gasped, "Cole! Where's Cole?!" She asked, looking worried. I placed a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry. He can't hurt you now." I told her.

She looked at us shocked. "He didn't hurt me." She said. "He saved me."

Kai and I exchanged glances. We looked at her as if she knew something and she looked at us as if we didn't know something. After a few awkward minutes, I finally asked her.

"From what?"

~°~°~°~°~°~

Hey guys! How long has it been?! It might've been a few days. Or weeks.

But it's still a long time!

Soooooooo........ Are you guys enjoying this story so far?

If you are, then keep on reading! You never know what might happen next.

Also....

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU NINJAS OUT THERE!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

And a very Happy New Year!