Chapter 9- Silent Streets

Normal POV

"Okay, listen up." Clarity said as she slammed her hand on the table with the map of ninjago on it, "The cure is an exotic herb which only grows in a single place. So the catch is, it could be anywhere. Ninjago is really big and it'll take us a long time to look for the cure, even if we split up. So, any ideas on where it might be?" The ninjas murmured as they thought of a place. "How 'bout start at the city? I mean.... it is possible that the cure is hidden somewhere there." Bailey suggested.

"Um..... are you sure? I don't wanna go walking around with those infected people following us. Especially with an injured arm." Cole asked as he looked down on his arm, which was now wrapped by bandages. "Oh. I forgot you were bitten. How's the arm, big brother?" Bailey asked. Cole opened his mouth to say something but Clarity cut him off. "It'll heal eventually. But the virus might take effect on him soon. We better hurry." She explained. "Then let's go right away." Lloyd said. We ran outside and went to the city.

???'s POV [first ever villain's POV :)]

Fools. Do they really think they can find the cure and ruin my plan? I've always hated them. But this time, they won't be able to save their precious home. Now that everyone is infected with the virus, it'll be easy to take them out one by one.

"Soon, the ninjas will be under my control. They'll pay for what they've done." I said to myself. "You won't succeed! The ninjas will find the cure and put an end to your plan!" The girl I was holding captive shouted, grasping the bars tightly. "That is why I planned ahead. Even if the ninjas find the cure, I'll make sure they won't make it in here uninfected." I said slyly. I slithered to the exit then stop, "I might even use you against them."

"I'll find a way out of here. The ninjas will stop this virus and you'll be punished for your doings." She shouted. I smirked then left her there.

Normal POV

The ninjas walked through the quiet streets. They've been walking around for hours but they still haven't found the cure. "Is anyone else thinking that this might be a lost cause?" Jay asked as he twirl his nunchugs around.

The ninjas mumbled in response as they took a turn towards Borg Industries. "We've been walking for hours. Maybe we should take a brake." Bailey suggested.

"She's right. We need to rest. If we want to find the cure, we'll need a lot of energy." Zane said. "Well we certainly can't stay on the ground. Those infected people might come at us." Kai said. "Then let's stay at the roof." Lloyd said as he pointed at the top of a tall building.

In no time, the ninjas had built a little shade on top of one of the buildings.

Lloyd stood outside their little shade, looking at the silent streets below. "Mind if I join you?" Lia asked as she stood beside him. Lloyd looked down at her then smiled, "Not at all." He replied then returned his gaze at the city. Lia looked at Lloyd and saw that he was troubled. "Why so troubled?" She asked. "It's just that...." Lloyd sighed, "I'm sure this virus infection wasn't an accident. Someone, or something, started it all." Lloyd said. "I see." Lia said, narrowing her eyes. "Then who do you think will do this?" Bailey asked as she appeared behind them.

"I don't know." Lloyd said, "But it's good to see you're using your powers." Bailey smiled, "Yup. It's been a while. Anyway... we better get inside and get some sleep." Bailey said as she disappeared then reappeared at the door. Lloyd and Lia went inside to get some rest. The next day, they started their journey to another location. The forest.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. Anyway, I have some news. It won't be long 'till the end of this book. Yay! Thank you for supporting this story.