Chapter 10- Rustling Bushes

The night went by, and it was soon morning. At first light, the ninja were on their way to the forest. They've searched high and low for the cure, but failed. "Does anyone know what the cure even looks like?" Jay asked. "It's a small golden yellow flower which has purple spots at each tip of the petals." Lia explained. "I'm sure you won't miss it." Kai smirked. Jay sighed as they continued to walk through the forest. "Maybe if we split up we could-" Reynalyn said but was cut off by Lloyd when he said, "No!" "Ok, ok. We'll stick together then." Reynalyn mumbled. So they continued to walk through the forest. Soon, the sun has gone down and darkness surrounds them.

"We better camp here for the night. It'll be better to search for the cure when it's not dark." Lloyd said. They started to make a little camp. While the others started a fire, Cole just leaned on a tree. Not because he was unable to help, but because someone was whispering to him.

"Infect the rest. Infect the rest."

It said continually. And the more he thinks about it, the more he felt like obeying the voice.

"Hey, Cole!" Jay called, snapping Cole out of his thoughts. "What're'ya thinking?" Jay asked him. "Oh, nothing. Just tired of walking around the forest." Cole said, narrowing his eyes at his friend. Jay raised an eyebrow, "Ok, then. Uh...... I better start looking for more firewood." Jay slowly said as he cautiously walked pass Cole.

After a while of laughing and chatting, one by one the ninjas went to sleep. But Cole stayed awake. He can't sleep. He looked at the others, who were fast asleep on the ground. He narrowed his eyes at Reynalyn, who was sleeping on a bunch of leaves.

Reynalyn's POV

I woke up with a gasp. I sat up and looked around me. It was midnight and the others are still asleep. I don't know why I woke up in the first place. I received an answer when a twig snapped. I looked behind me and I felt shivers up my spine as the bushes rustled. Not thinking about waking the others, I walked over to find out who, or what, was behind the bush. When I looked behind it, no one was there. Another bush started rustling, then another. I felt like those rustling bushes are leading me somewhere. Not thinking at all, I followed the rustling bushes.

I walked deeper into the forest, my heart beating fast as I reached an open space. Tall trees were being blown by the soft breeze. The clouds were blown away and the moon lit up my surroundings. I stood at the middle of the open space and looked around.

"Hello. Reynalyn." A familiar voice said. I looked up at a tree and saw Cole standing on a branch. I sighed in relief, "Oh, it's just you. Good. I thought those infected people found us." I said, laughing a bit. "Some of them did." Cole said mysteriously. "Really?" I asked, "Where are they now?"

Cole jumped down from the tree, a branch on his hand. He walked closer to me and I cautiously took a few steps away from him. "Here." He said. My heart thumped rapidly and I wasn't able to speak. He raised the branch he was holding and I finally regained my voice and screamed.