Chapter 12- Fear

Kai's POV

"He didn't hurt me. He saved me."

Jay and I exchanged glances. "From what?" Jay asked her. "From the infected ones." She said. "But..... I.... I thought.... I thought Cole lead you here then attacked you." Jay stammered. Reynalyn shook her head, "He lead me here to warn me that some infected ones have followed us. He wasn't able to explain it properly because countless of infected ones were about to attack me." She explained. "So, what you're telling me is, the virus hasn't taken effect on Cole yet?" I asked. Reynalyn nodded.

"If Cole is still on our side.... then who was the one that attacked Bailey and Zane?" Jay asked. "Probably another infected one. But it could also be Cole." Reynalyn replied. I was totally confused. "But I thought that the virus hasn't taken effect on him yet." I said. "It hasn't. You see, the infected ones had known our location, and Cole told me that he sometimes hear voices in his head. I think that someone is controlling the ones who are infected. That includes Cole." Reynalyn explained.

Jay and I were really confused. Before we could ask her, countless of infected people surrounded us. My heart was beating like crazy. I was scared, but I didn't show it. "Looks like we have some uninvited guests." I said. I tried to shoot fire at them, but my powers seems to be not working. "My power's gone." I cried. "Mine, too." Jay said.

"It's because you're scared, aren't you?" Reynalyn said, standing up. "Ow!" She fell back and held her right foot. She was bitten! Jay and I gasped. "One of the infected people might have bitten me while I was unconscious." "We're dead. We are so dead." Jay said. Then, Lloyd fell right in front of us. "Lloyd? What happened to you?" I asked as we helped him up. Just then, we heard screams. We saw Zane, Lia and Bailey jumping from tree to tree then jumped over the infected ones, landing perfectly in front of us. "What's gotten into you?" Jay asked. "Cole.... outnumbered.... us." Bailey replied, panting really hard.

Then we heard a chuckle and the infected ones in front of us stepped aside, making way for someone we know all too well. "Look who we have here. You seem to be outnumbered, 6 to a hundred."

"Cole! You have to snap out of it!" Jay called. "It's no use." Lia told him. Cole just laughed. Without any warning, he kicked Bailey on the face. She fell backwards. Lia helped her up as we prepared in case he attacks. He was about to charge at us, when a gray blur ran past us and the next thing we know, Cole was thrown a few meters away.

"Don't you dare hurt my friends!"

~To Be Continued~