Titles

Yep. You read the title. Titles.

This is something that gets on my nerves SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

Some people don't know how to write a title. Really. Here are some examples of some titles I saw that - well... you'll see.

OMG!! I'm in Love With my Brother!!!!

- Just a word of advice for you: If the title of your book has the word 'OMG' in it, I will NOT read it. And besides, how can you be in love with your brother?

Wolf... No. Werewolf... Asked me to be his mate!

- You can't have this in a title: ______ ... _____. _____ ... ____________! Who ever heard of those three little dots in a title? Even worse - two, three little dots! (Comment ';)' if you understood that.)

I live with vampires and werewolves, did I mention they're all guys?

- Did you just mention the whole story in just that title?

Being kidnapped by a super hot guy doesn't sound that bad, right?

- No, it doesn't, but your title sure does.

So these are some of those super annoying titles I have seen on Wattpad. They get on all my nerves. I hate them.

If you're still not sure how to write a title, keep reading. vvv (Read in a British accent.)

Titles shalt be short, interesting, and hook the reader right in.
Titles shalt not possess the word 'OMG.'
Titles shalt not give away the whole story.
Titles shalt not be more than one sentence long.
Titles shalt not possess more than one exclamation mark and/or question mark.
Titles shalt be so interesting, that thou art's reader shalt want to open the book, instead of leaving it there.
Thou art shalt have super awesome titles if you follow these oh! so old - I mean - ye old rules.

Thank you very much.

Now here are some examples of AWESOME titles I have seen on Wattpad. These, I will put the username, because I want them to know they're title is awesome.

Meeting Time
DeliciousPopsicle
- This is a really great title, because it gets you wondering... Who is Time? What is Time? Meeting Time?
It is a short story, and it is finished. I recommend it. It's awesome.

Be Careful What You Wish For
KiahYoung
- Now this one isn't exactly short, but it's still suspenseful. It gets you wondering... Why do I have to be careful with what I wish for? What happens? Must be something horrible for her to give us that warning, huh?
It is a One Direction fanfiction. It is not finished, but it is really good. Lots of magical creatures. 😉

What Lies Beyond
LiannaYoung
- I just love this one so much. It immediately gets you wondering... What lies beyond? Beyond where? WHAT IT IS?!
This is also a One Direction fanfic, very well written, suspenseful, and HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED IN AGES! Lianna you're killing me here! I want you to update! Okay, that was just a side note for the author.

Okay, that's all for today kids! Remember: God made you special, and he loves you very much. G'bye! Bye!
~ Bob and Larry from Veggie Tales (anyone else?)
Juli.