Chapter 8

The moment that school was over I went home, and into my room through the back entrance.

I dragged the purple suitcase I never use out of the closet, and opened it on my bed.

I then dug in my drawers and bundled any clothes that were in there. I then slowly walked over to my suitcase so none of the clothes would fall out of my arms.

I plopped the clothes in and went to pack my other essentials.

"I'm finally getting out of here!" I though to my self. But then I froze while packing.

What would happen to Akito if I left? How would he react? Would he be saddened by my leave?

No.. he wouldn't.

I resumed my packing, but then froze again.

What would happen to the other Somas? What would Akito do to them if I left?... Now that I was worried about....

Maybe for just a couple days..... Then I'll come back....

I stood up and faced the door to my room and closed me eyes.

"I can do this," I quietly whispered to myself as I put my hand on the door knob, with the suitcase in my grasp.

I turned the metal handle and turned it, softly pushing the door open.

I jumped when I saw a figure on the other side of the door.

"Morumotto what are you doing?" He said to me.

"Ha-Hatori! I-I was just....getting some water!" I nervously replied.

He then looked over my shoulder. "Then what's the suitcase for?" He asked.

"Oh! Um......." I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Don't lie to me Morumotto," Hatori spoke.

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say. A few seconds of awkward silence spread between us as I thought of something to say. I think...its just best to say the truth...

"I was invited by some of my school friends to stay over at their place for a couple days," I replied finally.

Hatori raised an eyebrow at my story "And Akito allowed you to leave?"

I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my head. "U-Um...actually.." I began to reply. "I haven't told him about it..I know he wont let me leave..but I just need this now Hatori. Please don't stop me.."

I looked up at him with hope in my eyes and saw Hatori's shocked expression on his face. The look of shock slowly melted away to a soft smile playing on his lips.

"I'm glad you're finally standing up for yourself, Morumotto" He smiled down at me.

...I was in complete shock. I didn't expect him to praise me for running away from home, or that he would even let me go out of the house.

"...Th-Thank you Hatori..." I said, astonished.

"Don't thank me. Now go while Akito is occupied." Hatori spoke firmly and seriously.

I nodded before I scurried out to the back entrance of the Soma estate and started to make my way to the house that would provide a safe environment for me. Something I've never felt at my home before...

.

.

.

.