Chapter 7

I touched my forehead, it feeling more warm than usual. I then felt something sticky. I took my fingers off of it and looked at the warm liquid that came from my head.

I then felt another warm liquid run down my cheek, the tears kept on coming.

I never liked it when Akito hurt me, but at the same time, I felt a sense of satisfaction.

I knew that I was the person Akito took most of his anger out on, so I was helping him vent all of that anger.

I was also helping out the other Somas as well. I felt that if Akito took all of his anger out on me, he'd be less rough with the others.

I guess that made me happy.

Then the door swung open, and Hatori stepped into my room. A look of worry was implanted into his face.

He then picked me up bridal style and said, "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

He then carried me through the hallways of Soma house, all the way to his room.

He then patched me off as escorted me to bed.

At this point, it was almost like a routine for us.
.
.
.
The Next Day
.
.
.

"Hi Motto!" The sudden voice from behind me startled me a bit, but when I turned around I saw it was only Tohru.

"O-Oh!" I said as I started to turn around. "G-good morning!" I replied to her smiling face.

"Why did you leave so quickly last night?" Tohru asked me.

"Oh, um, I had to be home by then, it's just a rules that I have," I relied to Tohru.

"Oh no! Did I get you in trouble? I'm so sorry!" Tohru said to me as she panicked.

"N-No! I didn't get in trouble at all!" I told Tohru. It hurt to lie to her.

"Thank goodness!" She exclaimed.

I giggled at her worry over me as the bell rang for class to start

"I'll see you later!" Tohru said to me as she walked to her seat.

--------

I packed my stuff up and grabbed my lunch.

"Motto!" Tohru said to me. "do wanna eat lunch with us again?"

"S-Sure!" I replied as I hopped out of my seat.

I followed Tohru outside to the back of the building, where nobody was there except for Yuki Kyo were giving each other death glares. Uo and Hana were off doing something else.

"Hi guys!" Tohru said.

"Hi," They replied back.

Me and Tohru then sat down, and I started to eat my lunch. Rice balls as usual.

"Hey Miss Morumotto, what is that bandage for?" Yuki asked.

I guess he was referring to the one on my forehead, since that was the only visible one at the moment.

"O-Oh! U-Um I..." I tried to think of a excuse. I can't tell them that Akito threw me into a wall! That would be dragging them into problems that they shouldn't have to deal with.

"I ran into a pole on the way home yesterday! Yeah! That's what I did!" I replied nervously.

"Are you sure? I don't think poles can do that much damage even if your that clumsy." Kyo stated.

"Well! They c-can!" I replied nervously again.

"Just tell us the truth already!" Kyo shouted.

"Please Motto?" Tohru asked.

"Yes, tell us," Yuki agreed.

"I-I..." I choked out. A idea then popped into my head. If I don't mention Akito, then I would still be safe right? I don't want to tell another lie.. I trust these people enough to tell them what truly happened. Even if I was supposed to spy on them for Akito.

"Wh-what happened is, I got thrown against a wall..." I reluctantly told them. Their eyes widened in surprise.

"Who would have done that to you?" Yuki said sounding angry but gentle at the same time.

"My brother..." I replied.

"Oh Motto...." Tohru said.

I didn't know why, but I could feel tears streaming down my face. I was particularly good at hiding my true feelings, so why am I crying now?

I wiped them away with the back of my uniform.

"B-But I'm okay now! I promise!" I quickly said to them.

"Where do ya' live?! I'm gonna punch that guy in the face! Family shouldn't hurt each other in that sorta' way!" Kyo said, lifting his fist up.

"No! Please don't! It's my problem and I would like it if I could solve it on my own!" I told them, bowing my head.

"Then if you want to solve it, maybe you can stay at our place?" Yuki asked.

"Wh-what?" I asked.

"Yeah! That's a good idea! You can stay away from your brother for a while by staying at our place!" Tohru said.

"Thanks for the offer, b-but I-" I tried to say.

"Come on just come with us already! We're tryin' to help you!" Kyo yelled.

"O-Okay! I'll go there tomorrow! I just need to pack things to stay for a while..." I told them.

"Then it's set! We'll tell Shigure about it!" Tohru said.

What mess did I just stumble into?