Chapter 4 - A Meeting

****April 23rd****

I freeze completely, my hands grip the wheels of my chair until my knuckles turn white. The officer is still trying to motion me inside, while Allan is still trying to push the chair. "Screw it," I hear him say, and he punches my hands, making me release my grip enough for him to move. It hurt like crazy of course but I know I couldn't sit there forever. Mr. Ralland opens the door for Allan and I as we get closer to them. The officer looks me over before saying, "Ms. Taylors," his voice was deep and made me feel even more small than I already was, given he was at least 6'7, crazy taller than me. "I'm officer Reynolds, do you realize what you did Monday?"

I couldn't speak, I simply nodded and stared at Officer Reynolds. "Really," he went on. "Because I don't think you do. You put that girl into the hospital with a broken nose and when you knocked her down she nearly missed being paralyzed by the way she landed."

"I-I know what I did. But you don't know why."

"It doesn't matter why, Ms. Taylors." It was Mr. Ralland "What matters is the fact that you nearly-"

"Ralland," said Reynolds. "Let her show us. There could be something more going on." He turned back to me now. "Miss Taylors, please continue."

"Come with me, I'll show you exactly what I'm talking about." Allan pulled my wheelchair out of the room with Officer Reynolds and Mr. Ralland close behind. As my wheels turned and we got closer to my locker a sense of dread washed over me remember what I had read.

Worthless. Just like your mother. Just. Like. Your. Mother. Little Whore.

We reached my locker and I popped the lock, revealing even more notes fluttering down from where they had been held. Allan picked up the notes and the trash bin that was already filled again, with all of the notes. He handed it to Officer Reynolds, a sad look on his face. Reynolds took the bin and proceeded to dump it onto the floor. He picked one up at random and read it out loud, at least what he could read. "You little bitch, you deserve to.... You did to her....." That was all he could make out of that one. He started grabbing them but stopped reading them out loud. I was hoping nobody brought up my mother, but I know they probably did.

"Jessamine? Are you alright?" It was Officer Reynolds.

"I'm fine, why would you ask a question like that. Just because I got some notes in my locker calling me a whore. Telling me I should kill myself. That I deserve to die over what happened. Yeah, I'm just fine. I would be better if it never happened though. I'd be better if it could just stop. Hell I'd be on top of the world if every single person who wrote these God-awful things were gone!" I couldn't stop myself no matter how much I tried. The words just slipped out.

"I'm so sorry, how long has this been going on."

"Since school and the rumors started."

"I'm sorry that this has went unnoticed by the school, but there is nothing that can be done unless you know who's been putting these notes in your locker." I shook my head, I had no idea who it was. I only knew that whoever it was sure did spread it and make it a joke to the whole school, and that made everybody join right it. "I do know one thing though. One of the few people to ever say anything to my face was Jenna, the one I beat in the bathroom on Monday."

"Mr. Ralland, I'll be going now. No charges may be pressed against this girl, as she has obviously been bullied by these students, and that girl was obviously one of them. Jessamine was obviously defending herself, although it could be solved in other ways, she did what she could do to stop it." With this Officer Reynolds walked past Mr. Ralland and out the back doors, to his car.