Chapter 21 - Alchohol

**August 15th**

I lay against Allan, tracing the lines of his stomach muscles with my fingers. He picks up a blanket from the floor - only after pushing a couple shirts and pairs of pants off of it - and drapes it over us both. He kept his hand on my bare waist as we sat their. With his free hand he flicks his watch towards me. "What time is it," he asks.

My eyes fight the darkness to find the time. "4:03, we've got a little bit of time." I look up at him and push myself up to be face to face with him, pecking him on the cheek before picking up my shorts from the floorboard. I still couldn't wipe the grin off my face, and it was obvious that Allan couldn't either. "We should probably head back up there," I say. "Just in case somebody is getting up, they can't notice we're gone or they'll worry."

He nods and picks up his shirt and shorts from the floor. I readjust my bra before slipping into my shirt. I fasten my prosthetic on and watch as Allan gets dressed. Once he's finished I run my fingers through my hair and climb out of the car, taking my pack of pop-tarts with me.

"So I guess that whole 'friends' thing isn't going to work out," Allan says, running a hand through his tangled hair.

"I don't think either of us could take it, although we should still try." He nods and we walk through the large hospital doors and make our way to the elevator. I push the button of the floor we need to go to and wait on the doors to close and the elevator to move. I take a couple bites of my pop-tart and look up at Allan.

"Why are you looking at me so funny?"

"Uh, what?"

"You were looking at me weird," he says, looking me over a couple times. "Or do you just like staring at me?"

"Well... I was sorta staring..." This prompts him to laugh and I can't help but join him. "I just like your face, ya know? It's a good face."

"Did you find something to drink out there or before I got up and it's kicking in? If so I want whatever you've gotten your hands on."

"I wish I could be drunk or some shit right now."

"My mom has a couple cases of Yuengling out in the car. She keeps them out there to keep them away from other people," he says, letting a smile play across his lips. "I can't say I've never had one of them."

"Let's go then, pretty boy. No need to get back into that hospital room so early." I hit the 1 button just after the doors open on our floor. Once they close we wait again for the floors to pass. Once we get there we walk back outside and find the Jeep again.

We climb into the backseat again, only after completely closing the roof's zipper. Allan reaches under the passenger seat and pulls out 2 cases of Yuengling.

"I'd say this is the distraction I need..." He pulls out 2 of the beers and opens the cap, handing one to me. I take a long drink, letting the liquid run down my throat. It burned, but it was good. I admit this may not have been the greatest idea, given the fact that it was almost 4:30 which meant Eliza would probably be up soon. Neither of us cared, though, it was good fun, I'll admit.

2 bottles later I pick up the last in the case and smile at Allan. He had already had 2 too, he held his third in his hand. We both take a long swig from our bottles and he drops his onto the floorboard next to the other two. He reaches into the second case and pulls out another one. "We probably shouldn't..." I slur. The lack of sleep and food had made getting a little tipsy a bit too easy.

"Oh come on," he said, a grin playing on his lips. "It's fine, Jessie. After all, we both need a distraction." He was starting to slur a little bit as he drank his 4th. It wouldn't seem as though it would take that little to get him tipsy, but I guess he's just a bit of a lightweight. I drop my third empty bottle onto the floor and look over Allan with blurring eyes. He arches his eyebrow and rests his hand on my thigh. His last bottle slips from his fingertips and makes a clinking sound as it collides with the others laying in a pile on the floor.