Chapter 4: Back to School

Today is the first day back to school. Yay! Note my sarcasm. I was with Emmett in his Jeep, about to pull into a parking space. I could already hear the whispering. "Did you hear that Emmett and Eleanor are engaged? It's obvious that she's pregnant, she's just not showing yet. I mean why else would they be getting married at 18?" I heard a group of cheerleaders gossiping. I was already expecting these rumors. No one from school was invited, but dad probably told his fishing buddies and news spreads like wildfire through this town.

The first part of the day went by well, except for a couple of girls asking to see my ring or asking if I was pregnant. It was lunch time now, so I made my way to meet Emmett and the rest of the family. We walked into the cafeteria one couple at a time, Edward being the lone wolf. I could hear a table across the room introducing us to someone. I turned to see Jessica telling Bella about us. "Who are they?"asked Bella. "The Cullen's" answered Angela. "They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's faster kids. They moved here from Alaska, like, a year ago," Jessica added. "They keep to themselves,"said Angela. "Yeah 'cause there all together, like Together together. Uh, the blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big blonde-haired guy, Xavier, they're like a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal," Jessica said. "Jess! They're not actually related," said Angela. "Yeah, but they live together. It's weird, and, okay, the little dark-haired girl is Alice. She's Really weird, and, um, she's with Jasper, the blonde one that looks like he's in pain," she said. "And then there's Emmett, but you already know him. I mean he's engaged to your sister," I heard Jessica say. "Well, actually I never met him. My sister hasn't really talked to me since I moved back," she sounded sad, and I felt bad. I decided to stop listening, and turned to look at Alice. She was pouting. "She called me weird," she said. "Aw Ali, your anything but weird," I said giving her a hug. "Thanks El!" she said getting back into her cheerful mood.