Chapter 13: Baseball

Today was there was going to be a thunder storm, so we were going to go play baseball. Alice texted me to tell me that I was on Rosalie's team, and that I was supposed to wear blue. She also told me to tell Bella to wear red to support Edward. After I texted her back I went to Bella's room. "Hey Bells, Alice told me to tell you to wear red," I said. "I went into my room, and I put on a over-sized navy sweater, black leggings, and knee high converse. After I was dressed, I went to my makeup table and started doing my makeup. I did a navy and black smokey eye and I put on my new Nyx matte lip cream in Moscow, which is a beautiful blue color. 

After I was done getting ready, I went down stairs to wait for Bella to get ready. A couple of minutes later Bella came downstairs. "Dad, I'm going on a date with Edward Cullen," she told my dad, who was cleaning his shotgun. "Emmett's brother?" he asked, looking towards me. "Yeah, and I'll be going too. We're going to be spending time with the whole family," I replied. "I thought you said you didn't like any of the boys in town?" he asked, turning his attention back to Bella. "He doesn't exactly live in town," she said. Then the door bell rang. "Bring him in," said dad, sighing. "Don't hurt him, he's important," Bella said, as she walked to the door. After she answered it, both Edward and Emmett walked in. "Emmett," dad acknowledged. "Hello sir, my name is Edward Cullen. I won't have Bella out too late, I'm just taking her to play baseball with my family,"said Edward, trying to make the best first impression. "Bella is going to play baseball?"dad laughed. I had to laugh, even knowing that Bella won't be playing. Just the thought of her playing is enough to make me laugh. "Alright, but better have her home at a decent time," dad added. We all went outside, and were getting into Emmett's Jeep. I got into the passenger seat, Edward and Bella got in the back, and Emmett drove. 

After a while, we pulled into a path that led us straight to the field we would be playing in. The rest of the Cullen's were already there setting up. They were about to start, they were just deciding on which team would go first. Our team was going to bat first. Rosalie was going to bat first, then me, then Carlisle, and then Jasper. Esme was going to sit out with Bella, so we could have even teams. Alice got on the pitching mound, and waited for the perfect time. "It's time," she said, she then pitched the ball to Rosalie. Rosalie did a great job. "That has to be a home run," said Bella. "Edward is very fast," replied Esme. Soon after Edward caught the ball, and Rosalie was out. "Your out," said Bella, very timidly. Rosalie growled, and Carlisle had to calm her down.

I was next, and hit the ball and it went flying. I ran as fast as I could, and I made a home run. Carlisle was next, and he made a home run as well. 

We were about to go get the ball when Alice has a vision. "Stop!" she yelled. We all started to since the presence of other vampires in the other area. "They were leaving, but then that heard us," she said. "Is there time to get Bella out of here?" asked Edward. "No, they're almost here," replied Alice. We gathered to stand around Bella, who was standing behind Edward. "Put your hair down," Edward told Bella. "Like that would help, I can smell her from across the field," said Rosalie.

Soon three vampires started to approach us from the forest. Emmett put his arm around me to comfort me. "We were passing through, when we heard you playing. Do you have room for three more?" asked the mad with dreads. "Yes, actually a few of us were just leaving," replied Carlisle. We thought that we were in the clear. I was going to leave with Bella and Edward, because dad would be expecting us home at the same time. Everything was good, until a gust of wind blew Bella's hair and the blonde man caught her scent. "You brought a snack," he said. We all got into out instinctive protective crouching positions and hissed at him, warning him to back off. He didn't show any signs of backing down. "I see that the game is over," said the man with dreads. Edward carried Bella back to the Jeep, and sped off. Emmett and I followed the Jeep. 

When the Jeep pulled up to the house, Bella jumped out and stormed into the house. She put up a elaborate act that she was mad at Edward, and that she wanted to move back in with mom. She came back out if the house with a suitcase and got in her truck, which Edward was already in.  I got in the Jeep to drive it home, and Emmett jumped into the bed of the truck.