Chapter 7: Suspicion

Bella is getting more and more suspicious, and I was worried that she would find out. Especially after Edward saving her from being crushed by that car.  Although it would make it easier if she knew, if she knew she would have to become a vampire. Edward said that he was not going to ask her on a date, because he wants to save her sole as well. Even though he says he doesn't want to be involved with her, you can tell that he does. He is always watching her, I don't need Jasper's powers to see that he loves her. 

Today was just a normal day, Emmett and I were having a conversation about the wedding. Although Emmett isn't much help. His reply to anything I say is, "Oh cool, if you like it then do it." I've decided to have Alice to help me, because the wedding preparations won't be ready if I don't ask for help. I looked up from my bridal magazine to see that Edward was across the room, at the salad bar. With my sister? I just ignored it assuming it was a coincidence. When he got back to the table he had no food. "Your sister just asked me on a date," he said with humor in his voice. It caught me off guard, Bella was never a straight forward person. "What?" I asked choking on air. Emmett was now patting me on the back, to calm me down. "She asked me if I wanted to go surfing in La Push, with her and her friends. I said no," he said. I felt bad that he said no, because it probably destroyed her confidence. But I also understood why he said, if we stepped foot onto La Push territory we would be ripped to shreds by the wolves. 

When I got home I worked on my homework. I heard a knock on the door, "Come in." The door opened, and it was Bella. "Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go to La Push with my friends and I? I know that you used to hang out with them," she asked with hope in her eyes.  "I'm sorry Bella, but I can't. Emmett and I need to continue to planning our wedding, were behind as it is," I said, apologetically. "Alright, I was just asking," she said turning to leave. "Bella. Be careful around Jessica, she doesn't like people who get in her way. She likes Mike, and I've seen the way he looks at you. Don't fall for him,  because he likes anything with legs that can talk. He used to have a crush on me, until I stopped talking to them," I said, warning her. I didn't want to see her get wrapped up in drama. "Yeah, I know. When I turned him down for the dance and he asked her, she gloated as if she won a prize," she said, she then exited my room. I finished up my homework, and then heard a thud. I turned around to see Emmett, he had jumped through my bedroom window.