Chapter 15: Prom

It was finally the time of year for prom, and Emmett, Jasper, and Xavier are waiting downstairs for Rosalie, Alice, and I to finish getting ready. I almost decided to not go to prom because of all the wedding planning work I needed to do, but I had no choice when Alice and Rosalie finished the rest of the planning for me. I was now slipping on my lavender prom dress.

 I was now slipping on my lavender prom dress

It fit perfectly. I then sat down and started to do my make up, which wasn't much because vampires already looked flawless. When I finally finished, Alice and Rosalie were done too. "Ready to go downstairs to our prince charmings?" I asked, giggling. I walked down the stairs first, and Emmett couldn't keep his eyes off of me. "You look gorgeous princess," he said, pulling me close to him. 

After both Rosalie and Alice came downstairs we all headed to the garage to leave. I was about to enter the garage, when I heard, "Eleanor?" I turned around to see Esme. "Sweetheart you look beautiful. Carlisle and I wanting to give you pre-wedding/prom gift," she said. "Esme you and Carlisle didn't have to do that," I replied. "We insist, we already see you as a daughter," she said handing me a small box. I opened it, and inside was a key that looked to be for a car. "We know that your car quit working a few weeks ago, and we thought you would like it," she said. "This is way to much, but thank you so much," I said giving her a hug. "The car is in the garage, why don't you go have a look," she said. I race to the garage, and when I saw my car my jaw dropped.

 I race to the garage, and when I saw my car my jaw dropped

It was the most amazing car I had ever seen. I was in so much shock that I almost didn't notice Emmett put his arms around my waist. "Hey babe, so do you like the car?" he asked. "Like it? I love it? Can we please drive it to prom," I asked, giving him a pouty face. "Fine," he replied. 

Although I argued I let Emmett drive. He wouldn't give up, and we were running late. When we arrived at the prom, Emmett got out of the car and came around and opened the door for me. He gave me his hand, and helped me out of the car. I looked around, and I saw Bella sitting on a bench. "I need to go park the car," he said. "Alright, I'll go keep Bella company," I said. I walked over to the bench, and said, "This seat taken little sis?" "Eleanor! You look great, it was getting kind of awkward sitting her alone," she said. "Thank you, you look great too Bella," I replied. I waited for a reply, when I noticed that something, or should I say someone, had gotten Bella's attention. "Bella," I heard, I looked up and saw that Jacob Black was calling for my sister. Thankfully Emmett had just gotten back from parking the car. "There's Emmett have fun talking to Jacob," I said. I grabbed Emmett's arm and dragged him behind a bush, so I could watch and listen to their conversation. "If you wanted me, all you had to do was ask," said Emmett, teasing me. "Shhhh! I want to know what their talking about," I said, putting my finger to my lips. "Jacob. Hey." she replied. He looked her up and down checking her out. "Nice," he said. She looked at him, looking at his dress shirt and tie. The last time I had seen him in a tie, we were both in middle school and our dads were forcing us to go to a dance together. "You too. Are you crashing the prom or something? Are you coming  with a date?" she asked. "No. Uh...my dad paid me to come talk to you. Twenty Bucks," he replied, nervously. "Lets hear it," said Bella, looking skeptical. "Just don't get mad, okay? He wants you to break up with your boyfriend. It's just...he said uh....quote..."We'll be watching,"" he said, looking like he was hoping he hadn't pissed her off. "Okay well tell him "Thanks,"" she replied, obviously not sure what else to say. "Okay," he replied, looking like he was happy that it was over with. "And to pay up," she added. "Okay" replied Jacob, slightly chuckling. Bella began to stand up, and Jacob reached forward to help her, "Come, I'll help."

Although before he could help her, Edward showed up. "Jacob, I'll take it from here," Edward said, glaring at him. "Guess I'll see you around Bella," Jacob said, leaving. Bella and Edward started to walk in, and Edward muttered, "I leave you alone for two minutes and the wolves descend." I could help but laugh. I grabbed Emmett's arm we too walked in.