Chapter 14: The Ballet Studio

When we arrived back at the Cullen residence, Laurent was in the house talking to Carlisle. Edward and I both let out a hiss and stepped in front of Bella. "There is no need, he has come to warn us about James," said Carlisle. "It is true. I have grown tired of his games. I have come to warn you. He is like no other vampire I have ever seen. He sees hunting as a game, and he will never stop until he wins," he said. After telling us that he walked out the door. 

We all went down stairs to have a family meeting in the garage. We went over the the best way to keep Bella safe. "Jasper and I will take Bella south, and you and Edward will go North. It should confuse him, because he would never suspect you to leave her side," Alice said to me. "Alright, but only because it's the best idea we have," I said. Edward threw Bella's jackets to Esme, Rosalie, and I. "We need to spread her scent, so wear these," he said. "Why? What is she to me?" Rosalie asked. "She is Edward's mate and Eleanor's sister. She is part of this family now," scolded Carlisle.  "Fine," she said, putting on the jacket. "But I'm not doing this for him or for her, I'm doing this for Eleanor," she added, pointing at Edward and Bella. I put on the jacket that I was handed. "We need to go now if this plan is going to work," said Alice. I ran over Bella and gave her a hug. "Everything is going to be okay. We'll lead them off your trail, and you'll be safe again. Just stay with Alice and Jasper, and you'll be safe. Edward may take a little more convincing, but Alice and Jasper have my complete faith," I said to her. Bella then got into the car, and I could tell that Edward wanted a moment alone with her. I walked over to Emmett. He looked disappointed that I was leaving. "Don't look at me like that. I have to keep her safe, she's my little sister. I'll be back before you know it," I said reassuring him. "Fine, but after you come back you aren't leaving my sight," he said, pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead. 

Alice pulled the car out of the garage, and headed off to the airport. "Alright, it's time to go Eleanor," said Edward. "I'm coming," I replied. Emmett walked me to the door. "Keep her safe Eddie," he said. "I will, but how many times have I told you not to call me Eddie?," he replied. Trying to stop them from getting into a argument. "I love you, and I'll see you soon," I said giving Emmett a chaste kiss on the lips. Edward and I then race north.

We occasionally stopped so I could rub up against a tree or other object, so I could leave Bella's scent behind. We finally stopped in Canada, deciding that we traveled far enough North. "I'll call Alice," I said. I dialed her number, and she picked up within seconds. "Did we lead them off her trail?" I asked. "No, their coming to Arizona. They know that we were trying to deceive them," she replied. "We'll be there by tomorrow morning," I replied. "Alright, Bella wants to talk to Edward," she said. "Okay, I can see home much she likes talking to me. Here he is," I said, handing the phone to him. "I'm going to go hunt before we go back. Take your time talking to my sister lover boy," I said, laughing. 

I found and drained two deer, when I came back Edward was just getting off of the phone. I wasn't sure how long I was gone, but I assumed a while. He must have been on the phone for quite a while. "Are you ready to start heading towards Arizona?" I asked. "Yeah," he replied. 

When we arrived at the hotel Alice and Jasper were int he lobby checking out, Emmett was there waiting for them to finish, and Bella was no where in sight. "Where's Bella?" I asked. "She said she need to go to the bathroom, but now that I think about it she has been in there for quite a long time," replied Jasper. Race off, at human pace, to the bathrooms to see if Bella was okay. When I went in she wasn't there. On the mirror was a letter that she wrote. She ran went to her old ballet studio to end the hunt with James. She didn't want the family to be trying to protect her for the rest of her life. I raced back to the group, with the message in hand. "She's gone. She went to confront Jame at her old ballet studio. We need to go now!" I said. We all left at human pace into the forest, and then ran as fast as we could to the ballet studio. Edward being the fastest got there ahead of everyone else.

When we arrived, Bella was on the group convulsing. I ran straight to her. I looked her over, her leg was broken, her head was bleeding, and she had a bite mark on her wrist. "Carlisle! I need you over here, she's been bit!," I yelled. Both Alice and Carlisle came to my side. "We need to stop the bleeding in her leg. Alice tie your belt above my hand, it will act as a tourniquet," said Carlisle, holding Bella's leg. Edward came over to help, you could tell that he was extremely worried for his mate. "Eleanor, Alice, Edward, and I have this covered. Go help the others, it looks like they could use it," I nodded. I turned to see that Emmett and Jasper had James restrained. I climbed onto his back, and broke his head off while Jasper and Emmett broke his arms off. Afterwards we piled floor boards up, and made a fire. We then threw his body parts in making the fire crackle. 

It was over for know, James was dead. Now the only thing to worry about was Bella's health. Edward sucked the venom out of Bella, and she was now unconscious and being transported to the hospital. "You okay babe?" asked Emmett. "Yes, I'm okay."

"