Chapter 8: The Dress

I was at the Cullen house talking to Alice about what kind of dress I wanted. Emmett was out hunting Jasper, Carlisle was at work, Rosalie was out shopping, and Esme had a interior design job. I knew that Edward was being a stalker and following my sister around, but I didn't mind because he's keeping her safe. I knew that Bella was currently out shopping with Jessica and Angela, who were looking for prom dresses,although I'm not sure why she would want to go.  

I decided that I wanted a dress I saw on the cover of a local bridal shops catalog, it was absolutely gorgeous.  Since it wasn't too late we decided to see if the shop in Port Angeles had the dress in stock, or if we had to order it. We got into Emmett's Jeep, and we drove off.

As I got out of the Jeep, I saw Jessica and Angela packing their car and Bella was no where in sight. I decided to go ask them. "Jessica? Angela? Where's Bella, I thought that she was with you?" I asked. "Oh, Bella is going to dinner with Edward. She stayed out to late going to the book store, so we went to dinner without her. When she showed up he was with her, and he offered to take her to dinner. I don't understand why though, I'm much prettier than her," she said, mumbling the last part. I nodded, and walked back over to Alice. I explained to Alice what was happening. "El. I know that you don't like the idea of Edward and Bella together,  but if the decisions they are making stay the same they are going to be together, I've seen it," she said. "Alice. I don't hate the idea of them being together, I just don't like the thought of Bella being a vampire," I replied, sighing. 

We finally arrived at the bridal shop, and told the woman that greeted us at the door about the dress I wanted. Thankfully that had it in my size, so we didn't have to wait for it to be in stock. I went to try it on. I looked in the mirror, and I was star struck it was perfect. I walked out of the dressing room to show Alice, and she squealed over how perfect it was. I walked back into the dressing room, and changed back into my clothes. We told the woman that this was the dress that I wanted, and she rang us up. 

When we got back home Alice told me she was going to put the dress in her closet, because she knew that their would be no chance for Emmett to see it. I looked at the time, and was shocked to see that it was 10:00pm. "I better get home, or my dad is going to freak out," I said. I got in my car, and headed home. When I pulled into my driveway dad's car wasn't in the driveway, thank goodness he must still be at work.