Chapter 1

Well would you look at that, a new fanfic. I never planned to write this, it was just an idea I had at night and I decided to write it out because I'm currently having major writers block with my fic Feel.
So while I finish up Feel, I'll be writing this one as well. When Feel is done, I'm pretty sure cemeteryxxdrive and I will be cowriting a kellic on this account that will probably make you cry (the cover for that has my old user bekithenonhuman on it, but that's okay).
So yeah, enjoy this spontaneous kellic of mine.

***

Kellin's POV

The buzz of busy voices pulls my head out of my book. My uncle sits in front of me in the passenger seat of the car, fixing up his shirtsleeves. I'm not allowed to leave the car; the only reason he brought me along is because I need to get to school.

"Okay Kellin, here's what's going to happen-" Gerard starts, but I don't even need to hear the rest.

"You'll be out all day and Chris will pick me up from school and I can't go to anyone's house because I need to get home and work on my writing," I finish for him, "I get it Gee, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Gerard turns in his seat to look at me. I sigh and nod, rolling my eyes.

"Positive. You leave me alone all the time; I'm kind of used to it." I open my book back up again, desperately wanting to get back to reading, but my uncle won't shut up.

"Now you're making me feel bad."

"Look Gerard, I'm 17 and ever since I was 12 you've been leaving me in the house for work. And I get it. I don't care. Work is important. Plus, I've got Rosa and Dallas to keep me company." Rosa is my cat. I found her on the street years ago as a kitten, and she's probably the sweetest thing alive. Usually cats are assholes, but Rosa is far from that. She's just a sweet mom like cat.

Dallas is the yard keeper. He looks after the yard and the gardening, he washes the cars and the outside of the house. He also plays guitar. He's one of my favourite people to be around because he's just so calm and slightly on the awkward side.

"Right right, okay. Fine." Gerard sighs and begins opening the door, "Have a good day at school Kellin, I'll call you on my lunch break."

"Kay kay, see ya Gee." And I go back to my book as he jumps out of the car and walks into the building that is meant to be just for set pieces. He's an amazing set designer, and the sets he makes are insane. I love seeing them before they actually hit the big screen too. That's one of the perks of being the nephew of a high demand set designer.

Chris starts the car back up again. The only reason he drove Gerard out to work today is because of me. Chris is a nice guy, but he's so silent. Starting a conversation with him is a difficult task. It's a good thing all I ever do is read.

I'm in love with books. I'm in love with words. They hold so much value and power. I used to be obsessed with finding new words and writing the definitions all over my walls; words mean more than anything to me. That's why I write. The only people who've ever read my writing is my teachers, Gerard and Dallas, and they all keep looking for fancy writing programs in expensive universities for me.

My word of the day is:
Ineffable (adj)
too great to be expressed in words.

It's actually one of my favourite words, because I feel this feeling all the time. Even though I'm a writer, it's still difficult for me to find the words to express the thoughts in my head.

Sooner or later, the car pulls to a stop and I close my book reluctantly. I don't go to a fancy school. I go to your average everyday public school. Just because I'm the nephew of a famous set designer doesn't mean I myself am famous. The only thing I want to be famous for is the books I write.