Chapter 24

I apologize for the short chapter, it's a filler for the next chapter. The next chapter will be longer because, hint hint, that's when the drama actually starts. Kinda

***

The parties with Vic happen more and more frequently. I'm caught up in this whirlwind of Vic's fame, and the problem is that I don't feel like I have time to be myself anymore. Especially with Vic. I haven't seen him without my face covered in makeup and my head in a wig. It's just Vic and Kali now. We barely get time to actually talk to each other anymore.

The only other famous person I've talked to is Cody, but he knows that I'm not a girl (I'm surprised he remembered me telling him). He's been at almost every party Vic drags me along to. I'm so sick of parties and charity balls and all this what not. Cody is too, so I think that's why we get along.

Every time I'm at Vic's (as Kali, always) I talk to Mike a lot too. He's the forgotten one in the family, which makes me really sad to think about. He's one of the nicest people I know, but it's not like he gets invited anywhere.

I hate all of this though. I just want to get unstuck from this web that is known as Hollywood. I never wanted any of this to happen. We were supposed to stage the fake break up ages ago, but that never happened.

Today, there are no events I need to attend with Vic. I can just relax.

I'm at Lynn's right now. I haven't gotten the time to hang out with my best friend in a while, and I missed her company. I love being at her house, because it indicates that everything is normal.

"You're really really quiet Kell. As you usually are these days," Lynn points out. We're sitting next to each other on the bed, and she's working on a project, laptop open. I was reading, but my thoughts had wandered off.

"I'm just thinking," I tell her truthfully.

"About what?" Lynn asks, closing her laptop.

"Well," I start, "I'm thinking about this whole Vic thing. I haven't actually talked to him properly in ages, and every time I see him, I'm his fake girlfriend and not his boyfriend. It's like he doesn't want to see me as me anymore."

Lynn frowns, "That's shitty. Have you tried calling him to talk about it?"

"Yes! But he never picks up. I get that he's always busy, I understand, but he could at least put an effort in being my boyfriend."

"Most celebrities do try to pay attention to their partner most of the time, so he shouldn't be any different," Lynn says. She runs a had a hand through her hair, her lips pursed as she thinks. I know that look. It's Lynn's I'm-planning-something-totally-cool-but-stupid-you'll-thank-me-later look.

After a few minutes of complete silence, Lynn turns to me suddenly, "I have an idea!" She announces excitedly.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Okay okay there's this party tonight," Lynn starts, but I quickly interrupt her.

"Lynn no, I'm so sick of parties, I may puke."

"No just listen," Lynn waves her hands about to calm me down, even though I am completely calm, "There's this high school party. Totally different thing okay. I was invited and I think so were you. Vic was homeschooled for a bit, right?"

"Right.." I say, unsure of where exactly this is going.

"Right, okay, so bring him along to this party. He probably hasn't been to one in forever, or ever. Just be teenagers together, without having all this woo hoo shit attached. Just be two boyfriends at a shitty party, having fun."

I shake my head, "I don't like parties Lynn. I just want to stay home and read tonight." This is the honest truth. I don't want to see people right now or socialize. Socializing is so exhausting and I'm tired of it. My body can't take anymore of this.

Lynn sighs, "Look Kellin, you can't avoid this. Plus, I bet Vic would like a wind down. You can get a chance to talk to him too. You guys don't even need to be at the party, you can sneak out later."

"I don't know Lynn," I say, unsure. Would Vic even be free tonight? Would he want to go to this with me? I don't even want to go!

"Come on Kellin, pleeeaaassseee. It's a good idea."

"I still don't know."

Lynn huffs, crossing her arms, "Do you have a better idea?"

Lynn's got me there. I can't think of anything else that's better. I mean, a date would be better, but I don't want to force that on Vic. I'm not one to ask someone on a date anyways, that's far too nerve wracking for me. Either he asks me on a date, or there's no date at all.

"Exactly," Lynn replies to my silence, "This is the best shot we've got at saving your relationship."

"I suppose." I sigh. I do want to continue mine and Vic's relationship. I like him a lot. Like, a lot. I don't want to lose our relationship just because I can't handle the fame Vic comes with.

"Call him now." Lynn practically orders.

"Now?"

"Yes now." Lynn says, my cell phone in her hand. She shoves it at me, and when I don't take it, she drops it in my lap. "Stop being difficult," Lynn rolls her eyes.

I pick up my phone, "Okay okay. I'll call him." To be honest, I am very reluctant. I purposely left out the fact that Vic and I have been arguing about the littlest of things for no reason nowadays. Who knows if we'll argue about this.

I go into my phone and find Vic's contact. Lynn watches me, patiently. I know she thinks this will work out for sure, but I'm not as sure as she is. This could just end in one big mess, like everything is these days.

I sigh, and finally hit the call button. I hold the phone against my ear, listening to the droning ring of the phone, waiting for Vic to pick up. I drum my fingers against the cover of the book on my lap.

I consider hanging up, but the ringing ceases. Instead of it going to voice mail like I expected, Vic answers.

"Hey Kellin, what's up?" Vic asks.

"Hey Vic," I say. I glance at Lynn, who nods, signaling me to go on. I continue, "So there's this party thing tonight..."