Chapter 16

Lynn reaches over me for the textbook that's on the other side of me, and as she does so, she whispers, "Spill it Quinn. You've been smiling all day."

We're in the library for a study hour. I have two exams coming up (which I totally forgot about), so Lynn and I took the opportunity to study here. I doubt we're going to be doing much studying though, seeing as Lynn is staring at me intently, waiting for an answer.

"There's nothing to tell." I go back to my notes, writing down a few things, but I end up just doodling a badly drawn seal instead. It's waving and saying, "I approve." Man, I'm so punny.

Lynn takes the pencil out of my hand and I shoot her a glare. "You're not getting this back until you tell me what's up."

"I can just use your pencil." I point out as I reach for hers, but she slaps my hand away.

"Nuh uh Mister. Tell me or the seal gets it." In Lynn's other hand, she's holding a black sharpie, which I did not notice. Lynn uncaps it and hovers the sharpie threateningly over my seal, ready to ink it into oblivion.

I mock gasp, though I'm actually worried she's going to do it, "You wouldn't."

"I would." Lynn says, inching the sharpie closer and closer to the innocent face of my seal drawing. I watch as she gets very close to it, the tip of the sharpie grazing the nose of the seal. It's too cute (even though it doesn't look that great) to go down like this.

"Alright fine," I blurt out, louder than I thought because the librarian looks our way. I revert back to a whisper tone, "So I was with Vic yesterday and um like, we kissed."

Lynn takes the sharpie away from my seal and squeals in excitement. The librarian looks towards us again and Lynn directs a quick sorry her way before turning back to me, "Was it good? Like is he a good kisser?"

"Yeah." I say, blushing a little at the memory. Our kiss wasn't even that out there, it was just a sweet kiss that didn't last too long. It was still something though and I can't help the butterflies that have once again shown up in my stomach.

Lynn grins, "Knew it! So he's for sure gay?"

"Pansexual, but he doesn't tell people all that much, cause y'know." I explain. I can trust Lynn, it's not like she's going to tweet it out to the world. She's my best friend and I trust her with everything.

"Nice, pansexuals are cute." Lynn says with a smile and I nod.

"Anything else? Like anything else that happened after the kiss?" Lynn asks, wiggling her eyebrows. I know that she's only kidding, but I kick her from under the table anyways.

"No, oh my god." I cover my face, hiding the blush that has arisen on my cheeks.

Lynn laughs, earning us yet another look from the librarian, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But if you do eventually do something, you better tell me."

I nod, "Yeah okay. Sure." If anything does happen, I won't be able to hide it from Lynn. She'll know in seconds and interrogate me until I tell her. That's just how she is.

Lynn asks me a few more questions, but there's really not much to tell her. I can't reveal the Kali thing to her. It pains me to be hiding things from Lynn, but I've accepted that this is what I have to do. Not an ideal thing, honestly, but I don't have much of choice at this point.

After it becomes clear I've told Lynn as much as I possibly can, we go back to studying. Or, we go back to drifting off and doing other things while pretending to study. I draw a few more seals and Lynn is making swirls on her paper with her sharpie.