Chapter 6

Sorry if there's any mistakes, my proofreading was really lazy this time

***

I get home at my usual time. Chris drops me off and I say hi to Dallas. I go into the house and Rosa greets me. All normal, all routine.

But the fact that Vic hasn't texted me is still bugging me.

Yes, I know that he might be busy, but at least something from him, anything, even a fucking smiley face, would help. Also, he better not be expecting a text from me, because he won't be getting one.

I go to the kitchen and make something for Rosa. I wonder why she hasn't died of food poisoning yet. She must really have a strong metabolism.

I set her food down on the ground and she trots over to it, quick to start eating. I sigh and grab an apple off the table, washing under the tap and then drying it. Is it a weird thing that I dry my fruit after I wash it? Lynn has always told me that that's an odd thing to do. I suppose it's just a quirk. We all have our own quirks that everyone will at some point, think is odd.

I take the apple with me upstairs, taking a bite. One time, I was eating an apple while walking up the stairs and I tripped on the cat, causing me to lose my apple by dropping it and watching it roll down the steps. It was a sad night.

I go to my room, keeping the door open this time. I have this strange and irritating feeling that Gerard is going to check to see if I'm home writing. I'm not a child, he doesn't have to look after me. Yes okay, I understand I should be focusing on my writing, but what my friends said is true. As a person, I need to live a little and not be boxed in all the time. Sure, I have horrible social skills, but I won't let that stop me.

I turn on my speakers and play one of the The Cure's albums, then I sit on my bed. The curtains are open and so is the window, letting in a slight breeze. I wonder if Elyse came by today. She might have baked muffins, but I didn't look for any.

I pull up my laptop. First though, homework. That's another thing I have to do, and as much as that's a pain in the ass, I have to do it. I've missed out on so much homework already, I might as well do some now.

After hours of huffing at my textbooks and shoving one under my bed, then proceeding to go onto tumblr, then going back for the textbook, Gerard comes home. He does his usual routine before I hear his footsteps climbing the stairs. I'm pouring every ounce of my being into question 5 of my bio homework when he walks right into my room.

"Glad to see you're here." He says as a form of greeting. I look up from question 5 to see him standing at the doorway.

"Yup, I'm here, in the flesh." I say and look back down at my homework. I feel like I'm giving him a hard time, but I desperately need to finish this question.

"I can see that." Gerard says and I make a 'hm' noise in response because I've gone back to focusing on homework. I hear him sigh at the doorway and then I hear his receding footsteps going down the hall to his bedroom. I turn down my music so he can sleep if he's planning on it.

Eventually, I give up on question 5 and the homework altogether. I haven't even written anything and I'm getting tired. I've been pretty tired lately and I wonder why. Tiredness has become a constant factor in my life, but I still manage to pull all nighters. Weird how that logic works.

I push all my homework off the bed and put my laptop away. I get off the bed and go to the washroom to wash up, and then I strip down to my boxers. I find an old baggy shirt in one of my dresser draws, one I frequently wear at night. It's huge and I can't remember where I got it.