Chapter 28 (final)

Last chapter ! It's really short, I apologize, but there was no way I could make it longer.

There will be an epilogue. There's probably not going to be a sequel though, but you never know ;)

I'm still going to be writing all the same and taxi cab, so if you guys want to read those, you can.

I hope you enjoyed this story (even though it kind of sucked) and thanks for reading :-)

***

It's been months since Vic and I last spoke. He's been busy with a lead role in a movie that's coming out shortly, according to what Lynn told me. I don't really care much.

I, on the other hand, have graduated already and I've gotten accepted into one of the best universities in the state.

I'm finally going after my goal and that makes me extremely happy. I finally get to go to university and pursue my dreams of being a writer. I've been writing a book as well, and I'm hoping to finish it soon.

"Kellin how much stuff are you taking to your uncle's brother's house, Jesus fuck." Lynn huffs, who's helping me carry my suitcases to the car.

I'm leaving later today for the whole summer. I'm in dire need of a get away, and have been planning this for weeks. My uncle's brother, Mikey, was more than happy to let me stay with him and his wife for the summer. I told him I wouldn't be around the house much since I'd probably be out and about the city, but he said he didn't mind at all.

Sure, all the drama has faded away into the background, but I still get looks from people. Gossip magazines still bring it up occasionally, but it's no longer news. I don't want anything to do with Hollywood anymore.

"I am going for the whole summer Lynn, I need to bring as much as I can," I tell her. I open up the trunk of the car and shove another duffle bag in. Lynn hauls the suitcase she was dragging into the trunk, exaggerating her breathing.

"Are you bringing your cat too, or can she stay with me?" Lynn asks as I close the trunk door. I think that's everything.

"Well no, I can't," I admit sadly. I love Rosa to bits and I can't bear the thought of leaving her all summer. I know that Lynn will take good care of her though, and that she'll probably send me tens of thousands of pictures of Rosa.

"Well then leave her to me, she'll be spoiled big time," Lynn smiles, putting her hands on her hips. She then asks, "So is that everything?"

"Yup," I reply, "I think so."

Lynn sighs and then surprises me by hugging me hard. I hug her back of course.

"I'm going to miss you, you weirdo," Lynn says, sounding sad. I know she blamed herself for that picture getting out there, since she was the one that told me to go to that party with Vic, but it was never her fault.

"I'm going to miss you too Lynn," I say quietly, though I know she can hear me. She's my best friend and always will be, no matter what. I need to go though. I need to get far away for a while.

"Do you have to go?" She asks when she pulls away from the hug. I nod.

"Yeah," I say, "I just need to get away from here for a bit."

Lynn nods and then hugs me again. We both go back inside after we hug, and I find Rosa to say good bye to her. I will see her again obviously, but I just feel awful for not bringing her with me. I don't think she'd like riding on a plane though.

I show Lynn where Rosa's food and cat litter are so she can take it all home with her when I leave. I know that Lynn won't accidentally poison my cat. I still don't know how I haven't done that already. I'm going to have to teach myself how to cook during the summer.

Gerard appears around the corner, the car keys in his hand. He's driving me to the airport today.

"Are you all ready Kellin? Your flight leaves in an hour and a half, so we need to get going," Gerard informs me, even though I already know that.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I say. I'm a little nervous, but excited all the same. This will be good for me.

"Okay then let's go," Gerard walks to the front door, with Lynn and I following. Lynn isn't coming to the airport with me, but I told her that that's okay. She helped me pack all week end and that's enough.

Gerard opens the driver's side door and I open the passenger door. Lynn hugs me one last time, which is strange. Three hugs in a row from Lynn? That's something new.

I get into the car and wave to Lynn, who waves back. Gerard starts the engine, which smoothly grumbles to life. He backs out of the driveway and onto the street.

I can't help but start grinning as Gerard drives down the road and away from this house. I'm smiling because so many things have happened to me in the last couple months that at first, I regretted. But now that I think about it, some things have changed me. I don't think I would have been brave enough to do this if it wasn't for Vic. That's one good thing he's left for me.

I'm also smiling because this is the start of a new chapter in my life.