Epilogue

I'm finally finished my book.

It's taken me two years to complete. Two years of struggling over exams and courses in school, as well as trying to ignore the award shows for movies, because I know that Vic would be there for his breaking role in that movie I forget the name of.

I'm proud of him though. I bet he would be proud of me too.

I can't believe I'm finally finished. Of course I'm going to have to edit it and read through the book a few times more, then send it to a publishing company, as well as an editor. But still! I've done it. I've finally done it.

My book is about the struggles of a girl born into a rich family. It's about her finding herself in little adventures and escaping the clutches of what society expects of her.

I hope others think it's as good as I think it to be.

I get out of my chair, saving the document and shutting off the computer. I need a coffee, and I'm going to go down to the coffee shop near my apartment building.

I don't live in a fancy apartment. I don't live anywhere special or grand. I live in your average apartment building with two rooms and a small bathroom. Also, a cat. I have my cat too, as well as a roommate. I don't want a big beautiful house or extravagant things. I've seen how that can eventually ruin a person.

I grab my keys off the table and pull on my shoes. I open the door and leave my apartment, heading towards the elevator. I smile at the lady who passes me, and she smiles back. It's the small things like this that make my days even better.

I don't think anything can shake my mood today. Even the crappy elevator music (which I don't know why they have it) won't ruin my mood. The sun is shining and the streets are filled with bustling people, and I've finished my book.

I walk out of the apartment building and down the street, towards the little coffee shop. It isn't very popular, but they have stellar coffee and cinnamon buns. I've grown really fond of cinnamon buns.

Once I arrive, I open the door of the coffee shop. Savanna behind the counter asks if I want my usual, and I say yes, rather cheerily actually. She gives me a weird look.

"You seem really happy today," She points out and I smile.

"That's because I am," I say, "I've finished writing my book."

"Ooooh," Savanna smiles, "Can't wait to read it."

I wait for my order, sitting down at the small table by the window. I don't have my laptop with me today, which makes me feel a bit empty. I always bring it with me everywhere. But, I won't let that bring down my mood!

Once my order is ready, I get up to go retrieve it. I grab my coffee and cinnamon bun, and as I'm turning around, I accidentally bump into someone. Nothing spills, fortunately, but I apologize nonetheless.

"Sorry sorry," I say quickly, walking around the person to go back to my table. Before I can do so, the person says something that roots me in my place.

"Kellin," He says, "Is that you?"

I look back at him, because I know who it is without even thinking about. What he's doing here, I have no idea. From the sunglasses and the expensive looking jacket, you can tell he thinks he's someone special. Hollywood thinks he's someone special.

"Hi.. Vic," I say cautiously, my mood now ruined.