Day Off | Ventus

For Miki's drabble challenge! 

* * *

Ventus and [Name] go to a bar. [Name] gets too drunk and Ventus has to take them home.

* * *

You finished straightening your hair and took one last look in the mirror before you grabbed your keys. Quite frankly, you didn't really want to drive to the bar but you usually didn't drink enough to be full on drunk so you thought it would be alright. Making your way out the door, you shut and locked your apartment behind you and headed to the elevator.

It felt good to be going on a night out. You had awful bags under your eyes from the all nighters you'd been pulling to keep up with the struggle of medical school and a break was long overdue.

Greeting the receptionist who's name you still didn't know, you exited the building and made your way to your car. After a short drive, you ended up at the bar you were supposed to meet Ventus at. It was actually his idea to go out. He could see the amount of coffee you drank and the way you almost feel asleep in class. Ven just wanted to treat you. You'd been working yourself way to hard.

After ten long minutes of struggling to find parking, you finally slipped into a spot at the very back of the parking lot (it rhymes, bruh). Sighing, you began your hike to the entrance of the bar in the obnoxious heels you decided to wear. You cursed under your breath every time you stumbled.

"Fuck this shit." You muttered.

"What?" Ven asked, popping up from behind you.

"Uhh, nothing."

"So you excited? It's your first day off in centuries."

"I am not that old, jackass."

"Keep telling yourself that." Ven mumbled under his breath.

"You wanna repeat that?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Nope." He grinned and you rolled your eyes.

"C'mon, let's go inside." You quickened your pace. It was the dead of winter and you were fucking cold.

Finally getting inside the goddamn bar that seemed to be a million miles away from where your car was, you noticed just how packed it was. There was music playing in the background but it was barely audible due to all the chatter.

Ven and you began shuffling through the crowd. This was going to be a loooonnnggg night.

* * * 

(Let's pretend that time skip isn't awkward)

You gestured for the bar tender to pour you another. With no idea what time it was, how many you had had, or where the hell Ventus was, having more alcohol was probably not a good idea but your drunken self didn't give a flying fuck. What you did know is that you had already had at least one beer and too many shots to count.

With you watching excitedly, the bar tender poured you another shot. He knew that he probably shouldn't have but no one payed him to not give people shots so he really didn't care.

Downing the shot, you managed to spit out, "A-A-Anoth--" You hiccuped. "--er."

"Alright, miss." He tipped the bottle to pour you one but before he could Ven intervened, back from his bathroom break.

"Actually, I think it's fine. I was about to take her home, anyways." He said before leaving the appropriate amount of cash on the counter and dragging you out of there. You could barely keep your eyes open as it was, he doubted you could take anymore.

"H-Hey. I was having fun, you MEANIE." You began laughing hysterically. 

Ven blinked at you. He had never seen you this drunk before and it was so different from how you were regularly that part of him couldn't believe it was actually you.

"I think it's time to get you out of here, [Name]."

Once you were outside the bar, you coughed a little before full on throwing up all over the concrete, getting it all over your clothes as well. You wobbled your arm forward slightly and snapped your fingers.

"Dang it." You yelled before you tripped over your heels and fell over onto Ven, causing him to topple as well. You looked up and made eye contact with him. "Heehee. So many dirty things happen on the ground, Ventussss." You gave him a drunken smirk and he coughed at how badly your breath reeked.

His eye was twitching. He needed to get you back to your apartment as soon as possible. You passed out and Ven picked you up and carried you the rest of the way to your car. When he had you buckled in, he grabbed your clutch and took the keys from it. He got in the car and started driving.

The both of you were about halfway to your apartment when Ven heard a hiccup from the passenger seat.

"You awake, [Name]?"

You began playing with your hair, which had a throw up from before. "I think so." You sounded like a child.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Ventus! Ventus! Ventus!"

He was startled by your sudden excitement. "Uhh, yeah?"

You began laughing so hard you had to clutch your stomach. "You're funny!"

"Okay..."

"Don't ya wanna know whyyyy you're funny, Goofy?"

"Why am I funny?" He sighed heavily.

"Because you looked like a chocobo! So do Prompto and Roxas. Sometimes, I just imagine a squirrel popping out of your head."

"..."

"It's name would be Thomas," You stated matter-of-factly. "Like Thomas the Tank Engine!" You broke into a fit of laughter again.

Your laughter died out and you spoke up again. "Ven?"

"Yes?" He was slightly annoyed.

"I love you."

"I love you too, [Name]."

"I mean I loooooovvvveee you." You said as your eyes began to close again. "You're just too stupid to notice."

Ven, on the other hand was wide awake. You had just said you loved him. He didn't know what to think. You two had been best friends since childhood.

He looked at you. You were giving off soft, baby-like snores. It was cute. You were cute.

Before Ven could return his attention back to the road, the car hit a patch of black ice. He couldn't gain control of it. You hit a parked car head on with so much force that your car began to flip over.

From there, it was like everything was going in slow motion for Ven.

He didn't feel the pain from his head hitting the steering wheel. He didn't hear the sounds of people yelling for someone to call 911. He couldn't even scream. All he did was look at you before your car made impact with the ground. You were still fast asleep. Typical. You could sleep through anything. Though he though it was good you weren't awake for this.

You were the last thing he saw, and he was content with that.

* * *

Author's Note: I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BROKEN MYSELF WRITING THIS AND I AM NOT SORRY.