Under the Mistletoe | Ventus

I couldn't resist! I mean, it's mistletoe! Trust me, I'm not a huge fan of romance, but c'mon. FUCKING MISTLETOE, MAN. I've also learned that i can't write mistletoe kisses to save my life....Ehh, whatever.

* * *

You sat on curled up on the couch with your hot cocoa. You were wearing a Santa hat to be festive and were watching Nightmare Before Christmas because why the hell not? Sure, it wasn't the BEST movie ever, but at least it was Christmas-y.

You attempted to take another sip of your cocoa only to find that it was empty. Sighing lightly, you paused the movie and got up. Making your way to the kitchen, you made sure to watch your step in case there was any Christmas lights on the ground that you could trip over. You entered the kitchen and pulled out a hot chocolate T-disc from a drawer before sticking it into the coffee machine. This time, you remembered to put the cup under the machine before pressing the button.

As you waited for your beloved hot chocolate, you let out a big yawn. Looking at the clock on the microwave, you found it was 1:12 am. You wouldn't usually be up at this time on Christmas but of course, you had drawn the shortest straw and were stuck putting the presents under the tree when everyone was asleep. Demyx, who was the last to go to sleep, didn't go to sleep until about 11 so by then, you figured you'd just stay up all night. You were also quite tuckered out from the Snowpocolypse that happened earlier. Then there was the whole incident with Vanitas and the sprinklers....Needless to say that your Christmas Eve was quite hectic. Axel almost stole Christmas, too. But at least he gave you extra whipped cream, marshmallows and peppermint on your hot cocoa.

"Wait a sec....All I've drunk since the morning has been hot cocoa. That can't be a good thing."

You shrugged. You'd just have a glass of water later.

You eyed the hot cocoa excitedly as it was almost done. You were starting to get really excited when the doorbell rang.

"Who the fuck is up this early on Christmas?"

You sighed again as she walked to the exit of the kitchen. You glanced at the hot cocoa one more time.

"I'll come back for you, baby. I promise." You mumbled before exiting the kitchen and heading towards the front door.

Glancing out of the peep hole, you rolled her eyes when she saw a blonde hunk of hair. Opening the door, Ven greeted you with a cheeky smile. It was snowing like crazy and you were only wearing PJs so goose bumps immediately started forming on your skin. You couldn't understand how Ven could survive in only a hoodie

"What do you want, Ven?" You grumbled. You sneezed right after causing Ven to chuckle lightly.

"What, no 'Merry Christmas'?" Ven wore a fake hurt look.

Completely ignoring him, you answered, "Why are you up so early?"

"I could say the same thing."

"I had to put the presents under the tree," Gesturing towards the tree behind you in the corner, you gave Ven a leave-me-alone-or-I'll-kill-you look.

Ven didn't notice your look because he was too captivated by the tree. He had to bite his tongue to stop himself from bursting into laughter. "Th-that's your tree?" He covered his mouth with his hands and began laughing uncontrollably into them.

You looked back to the tree you worked o-so hard on. Earlier, it toppled over because Demyx tripped over the lights. There were broken ornaments all around it and the star lying beside it. Demyx piled the lights on top of the tree as he was unsure of what to do with them. The presents laid beside the tree, in a perfect formation. After all, you were ALL about organization (note the sarcasm).

"I spent 15 minutes on that. You suck, Demyx."

Taking in a deep breath and biting the inside of your cheek to keep from laughing, you turned back to Ven. "I'm insulted."

"Yeah, okay."

"Really. You hurt me real bad." You sneezed again.

"What's up with you. Adree? I've never heard you sneeze." Ven swiftly changed the subject.

"That's because I never get sick." You were a little confused yourself. "Anyways, did you wake up and decide 'Oh, right now is a GREAT time to go to Adrian's house and irritate the shit out of her'?"

"Well, my dear Adrian, I actually came here for a reason."

"Oh, yeah? And what's that?" You sneezed yet again.

"To irritate the shit out of you."

You face-palmed. "Ven, go home and go to bed."

"But Adree~!" He whined.

"Why are you actually here, Ven?" Ven didn't answer. He was too entranced by something above both of you. "Ven?" You sneezed into your sleeve again before waving a hand in front of Ven's face. "Ven, it's cold. I'm tired. My hot cocoa is getting cold. What the hell do you want?"

"What are the chances..." He pointed upwards. You followed where his finger was pointing and saw a wreath that hung outside above your door. On the wreath was a collection of green leaves and red berries.

"Goddamn....Y'know, there's only ONE thing in all of the worlds that I'm allergic to."

"And what's that?"

"Freaking mistletoe."

Ven chuckled lightly. He looked at you in way that was asking permission. You didn't want to, because mistletoe kisses weren't really your thing, but you knew you had to. THE MISTLETOE COULD NOT WIN THIS BATTLE.

You started leaning in. Ven met you half way and your lips met. It seemed that they melded together, like they were meant to. He deepened the kiss by pulling you closer. You brought your hands up and tangled them in his messy hair. It was only a matter of time before his tongue grazed your bottom lip, wanting entrance. Of course, you didn't give it to him. You weren't about to give this sucker a make-out session. At least not in the cold with your hot cocoa waiting for you.

The both of you pulled apart and separated from each other.

"So why DID you come here?" You asked.

He smirked and glanced to the wreath before taking it down saying, "I borrowed my mother's wreath and thought you'd like it."

Your face turned bright red. It was hard to tell whether it was from embarrassment or anger. "You dickface!" Before you could say anything else, he ran away. You would've ran after him, but Mother Nature was still taking a dump so you decided against it.

"First, he doesn't let me drink my hot cocoa so it gets cold, then he steals a kiss from me. Oh, that bastard is going down."

* * *

 I'm really tired right now so I'm sorry if this seems lazy. I promise if this seems crappy that I'll write another one in the morning free of charge. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!