Plotting and Planning

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon or the Pokémon Adventures/Special manga

Sapphire woke up with sunrise, bright and early. She stretched, and sat up from the floor of her room (She insisted on sleeping on the floor, she thought it felt a bit more like camping that way, and camping was fun). She pulled on the blue outfit that Ruby had made for her, and opened up her window to let a breeze in. Jumping onto the window ledge, she shouted to the depths of the house;

"Papa, I'm goin' over ta Ruby's!" and leapt spryly in the direction of a tree. She knew her dad would be up, he had gotten deep into a skype discussion with the other professors last night, and chances were that they had pulled all-nighters while sharing their discoveries with each other. Ruby on the other hand, was most certainly not awake, which Sapphire also knew perfectly well. But he should be, she thought, after all, I'm his next-door neighbor. He should get on schedule already and wake up at dawn before I come in. But she didn't particularly mind Ruby's habit of sleeping later than she did. After all, this way, she got to wake him up in any way she wanted. She sniggered evilly to herself. Perched in a branch, she peered into Ruby's bedroom window, plotting her best plan of attack. But then, a sound that did not belong in Little Root town caught her ear. The whispers of a very (extra emphasis on very) large crowd. Sapphire whirled around and directed her gaze to the front of her house, where a huge mass of people stood, half concealed in the faint, early-morning light. She saw one of them notice her, and begin to point her out to a few of the others. Within minutes, she was the focus of the entire crowd. And worse, they were starting to move towards her.

"Wild girl!"

"Look, it's her! Sapphire!"

"Sapphire Birch!" They began shouting. She saw a few of them holding candy bars out to her in the hopes of luring her down, as if she was a wild pokémon.

"Are they idiots?" She muttered to herself, fighting the urge to not jump down and steal their candy. But still, this was very weird. Sure she was one of the conquerors of Hoenn, she had beaten all the gyms. But it's not like she had ever had fans before. Other trainers had beaten the gyms, and besides, even when she was saving the world, the media was more concerned with the boy who had run away from home, and had been supposedly kidnapped by Team Magma. AKA; Ruby. Why were they showing up now? And with that thought, she jumped through Ruby's open window.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0

Contrary to Sapphire's beliefs, Ruby was, in fact, awake. He really didn't want to wake up to a cold bucket of water, his hat being stolen, or a wild stunky today. A wild stunky. Honestly. Sapphire had gone way too far with that one. He was using five cans of febreeze a day, and his room still smelled like... Well, use your imagination. Today, he was hiding in his closet. This time, he would get the jump on her. He checked the clock on his pokénav. 6:04 am. She would be coming in any minute now. There she was. It was go time.

0o0o0o0o0o0o00oo00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

"RUBY! Get up! We got a 'mergency!" Sapphire shouted as she hit the ground in Ruby's disgustingly cutesy and frilly bedroom. Strange, he wasn't in his bed.

"REVENGE!" A voice shouted, and Ruby propelled himself out of the closet where he had been hiding, and forced a... thing over her head. Sapphire recognized it as the most hideous, frilly, and pink dress ever to have existed in the entire universe.

"RUBY!" She screamed in rage, "What are ya DOIN'!?" Exerting all of her strength, she began to slowly tear the monstrosity off of herself.

"No! Don't!" Ruby yelled frantically, his plan backfiring drastically, "You'll ruin it!" He hurriedly began aiding her in her efforts to pull the dress off, and soon they were both sitting on the floor panting.