Old Fears and the Shaky New Friendship?

Disclaimer; I do not own Pokémon, the Pokémon Special/Adventures manga, or Pink

"She does know where we're going, right?" Yellow whispered to Red, as the group trundled after Pink down a beaten dirt path shadowed with trees. And attacking pokémon.

"I'm not all that sure Yellow." Red answered, dodging an angry primeape.

"Hey! Girl with the strange clothes! Where're you taking us? This isn't the way Red and I came last time!" Gold yelled up to her, wrestling with a graveler.

"This is a shortcut!" Pink shouted back happily, a seel happily sitting on her head and aurora-beaming anything that came near them.

"Are you sure?" Red asked with concern, "Because there is a main path back there..."

"Oh yes, but this is a shortcut!" Pink repeated, "It'll get us there faster!"

"We know what shortcuts are." Silver grumbled, battling it out with an ambipom.

"Maybe taking her along wasn't such a good idea.." Blue groaned.

"Aaaahh!" A girly shriek resonated from the back of the group. They whipped around, expecting to see one of the girls in trouble, but were met with the sight of Ruby, who seemed to be entering a mode of hysteria and was staring at a large rip in his shirt.

"Calm down ya sissy!" Sapphire yelled, wiggling a finger in her ear from the loud noise her friend had produced.

"But... THIS IS MY LAST CLEAN SHIRT!" Ruby screamed, and fell to his knees, frantically pushing the edges of the gash together as if the tear would somehow magically repair itself.

"Arceus.. we keep getting held up by this guy." Green said, glaring disapprovingly at Ruby.

"C'mon! We can't just sit here and wait for the fans to catch us!" Crystal yelled at him, while fending off a dodrio. Sapphire grabbed Ruby beneath the arms, and hauled him to his feet. He stood swaying for a minute, before a resolute expression crossed his face.

"Fine. Then I guess I have no choice. I'll simply have to sew it up while we walk."

"Great. Wonderful. Drama. Let's go!" Emerald stated, and charged off after Pink. Ruby whipped out his sewing kit and began stitching up the shirt as he ran.

"He has skill." Blue said to Silver, who nodded.

"But my question is, how the heck is she getting through all of these hordes?!" Silver asked angrily, and Blue looked up to see Pink skipping through the masses of wild pokémon untouched.

"Who knows. She's weird." Gold answered, sidling up to the two.

"Heeeey! Guuuuys!" Pink called from the front of the group. Where she was standing the trees seemed to have thinned out and the pokémon were not following her. The rest of the group gratefully ran up, thankful for the brief respite in battling.

"You seriously did this all by yourself senior Red?!" Sapphire said, gazing at him with deep respect for his battling prowess. Red scratched his head in embarrassment.

"Hey, why'd we stop?" Green asked, bringing up the rear of the group.

"Well there's a cliff, duh!" Pink admonished, shaking her head at his stupidity. Green glared at her.

"I thought this was supposed to be a shortcut. How did we end up at a cliff?" Silver growled, staring up at the sheer stone wall blocking the path.

"We got lost, obviously." Pink pointed out, much to his frustration.

"But it's supposed to be a shortcut! You were supposed to know the way! If we get lost then we'll get held up!" Blue screeched at her.

"We got lost? Owch!" Ruby questioned, looking up from his sewing and poking himself with the needle.