A Mystery Unveiled

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon, the Pokémon Adventures/Special manga, Cyan or Cobalt.

The methodical dripping of water echoed off the walls. A constant that never wavered. Hairline cracks webbed the stone ceiling, and every now and again a small shower of damp earth would trickle from one of them. Red shook his head irritably as one such trickle landed on his neck.

"Ugh, it went down my shirt." He grunted, reaching his arms back awkwardly and attempting to shake the dirt out of his white tee. He and two others were sitting on rock, moisture slowly creeping into their clothing as they remained in the dank, gloomy pit of the Azalea Town slowpoke well.

"D'you think we lost him for good? This isn't good for my skin, man." Jaden asked, checking his face in the mirror and tentatively searching for any acne that may have made an appearance in the last minute. Jose was running his hand along the impressive length of his pompadour, making sure it wasn't being weighed down with the extra moisture. The three of them had managed to rid themselves of the horde of spinarak and ariados by running them into a sleeping ursaring... which then proceeded to attack them. They had escaped the ursaring by diving into the slowpoke well, where they were stuck now.

"RAAAAAWWR!"

"No, I don't think it's gone yet." Red replied, not looking up from what he was doing. He was attempting to unravel the string that was sealing his pokéballs shut. He wasn't making much headway.

"Must be the sticky guard thread." He muttered, wishing he had a knife or a tool more versatile than a rock.

"Gah! I can't do this!" Red shouted, tossing the rock angrily into the depths of the well and returning his pokéballs to his belt.

"I don't want to die here man!" Jaden cried, dramatically throwing an arm across his face.

"Me neither!" Jose shouted.

"I don't want to die like this!" Yelled Red, "I've come too far!" Jose and Jaden stared at him in awe of his conviction.

"So how are you going to get out of this?" Jose questioned.

"I..." Red stood and took a pause. For effect.

"Have no idea." He finished anticlimactically, slumping back against the stone wall. Jaden and Jose went quiet, their brief ray of hope gone.

"I know!" Jaden suddenly exclaimed.

"What?" The other two looked at him quizzically, wondering if it was possible that he had actually come up with something intelligent.

"Let's all tell each other something we've never told anyone else in the moments before our death!" Red and Jose groaned.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Cobalt was worried. On one hand, she couldn't give away her position before she got any useful information out to Silver, but on the other hand, it would be a close call between who would get information first, her or the fangirls. Cobalt knew that Blue and Green were in dire need of a rescue. They were under the weighty pressure of the worst torture ever designed in the pokémon world. Not only were they being forced to sign an autograph to every single fan in the country (which was probably over one thousand), but they also had to kiss anyone that asked for such. And they would only be allowed a respite if they gave away their friends' locations. Cobalt shot them a glance, and noticed that they were in a dangerous position already. The blush on their faces had gotten deeper with every kiss, and was now at a violent purple. They wouldn't last much longer.

"Okay!" Gasped Green, "Stop! That's enough! I can't take it anymore!" He fell to his knees in the grass, and Blue did the same, whimpering slightly.