The Hoenn Kids Travel to Johto

A/N This chapter is a little shorter than the last two, and I apologize for that. Also, the Sinnoh and Unova dex-holders will not be making an appearance, because, as Guriburu pointed out, they have never met the other dex-holders, and from what we know of the timeline, their adventures haven't even begun yet!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon or the Pokémon Adventures/Special manga.

"Welcome everybody, to the Kanto region! We are right on the border with Johto, so any passengers headed that way should be able to take the magnet train or the S.S Aqua. We hope you enjoyed your flight!" A cheery voice blared over the plane's speakers as the large machine touched down in Kanto. Three young travellers breathed an audible sigh of relief. Nothing out of the ordinary had occurred in the air.

"Urgh... Finally." Sapphire groaned, sliding down the back of her chair. It had not been a fun flight for her.

"I can't believe it. Out of the three of us, I would never have guessed that you would be the one to get motion-sick, Sapph." Ruby looked up from his knitting.

"Sh-shuddup." Sapphire moaned, "I'm always travellin' on pokémon, so 'course I don' get motion-sick."

"Well, I wish you had gone into the bathroom when you realized you didn't feel so good, that was not a beautiful sight to behold." Ruby continued, shooting her a glance over the top of his glasses.

"For once, I agree with him." Emerald added, jabbing a thumb at Ruby and looking decidedly queasy, "That was gross."

The three of them trooped off the plane, and located the baggage claim, which wasn't difficult, as the airport was quite small.

"Where in Kanto are we exactly?" Emerald questioned Ruby.

"Close to Viridian City. If we want to go to Johto, we just have to walk."

"What?! I don't wanna walk!" The small boy interrupted.

"I don't want a repeat of what happened on the plane." Ruby said darkly, in answer to Emerald's complaints, "Besides, we might not have to walk. We might hide in Kanto. We should just contact Prof. Oak to ask where the safest place would be. By the way, where's Sapphire?"

"Oh, she's over there playing on the luggage carousel." Emerald answered, looking unconcerned.

"Ugh. I guess we'll have to pick her up from security when we finish grabbing our suitcases."

"Your suitcases." Emerald corrected. Ruby had insisted on bringing all of his outfit designs, his sewing and knitting kits, and of course, an ample supply of fresh changes of clothes. For all three of them.

"Well excuse me, but it'll be a major setback if one of us gets our clothes dirty. I mean, we'd have to either clean them, or make an entirely new set!"

"Or ignore it." Emerald interrupted, his pinkie finger in his nose. Ruby turned slowly, staring at the smaller boy with rage visibly building in his eyes. He brought his face about an inch apart from the other pokédex holder's.

"NEVER."

o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Professor Oak was huddled in his Pallet Town lab, under a table, with all of the doors and windows locked, and the curtains drawn.

Brrring! Brrring! He jumped in shock, whacking his head against the underside of the table in the process. He crawled out from under it, rubbing the top of his head gingerly, and muttering something along the lines of;