Chapter 15

Chapter 15
---------------

"What the hell are you doing here?" Adrian asked.

Here was the rooftop of the hotel where Maxwell was perched with a bottle of whiskey a few glasses and a bucket of ice. It was early  night. He was feeling claustrophobic in the room and this open rooftop was providing him some calm.

"My wolf is very restless, I don't know why. I wish I could just shift and go for a run."

It was determined that it was not safe for them to shift, so they remained in human form and would do so throughout this trip. Adrian had got a panicky radio call from the security team when Maxwell headed for the roof.

"Any idea how soon we can get out of this place?" Maxwell asked.

"We should wrap things up by tomorrow evening, we can be on our way out tomorrow night itself"

"hmmm" Maxwell said deep in thought.

"How many people are we leaving behind?" Maxwell asked, they would leave people behind to help Nick build his pack and also to offer protection, just in case someone felt adventurous. They were in no shape to protect themselves.

"About fifty, the rest are packing up and would leave shortly"

Maxwell just nodded, he had multiple thoughts occupying him.

"What about Charles?" Maxwell asked.

"What about him?" Adrian asked.

"Do you believe that story that Drake fed her?" Maxwell asked in a neutral tone, he genuinely wanted to know what he thought.

Adrian answered carefully "Maxwell, I hate that bastard as much as you do. But I believe he is telling the truth. He was completely broken after Roma left him, the guards were telling me he was crying inconsolably"

"Where is he?" Maxwell asked.

"He is gone, we shipped him out yesterday and if he knows what's good for him, he will never show his face again."

Maxwell nodded.

"So, we need to find this guy Charles."

"We will find him Maxwell" Adrian assured.

"I know" Maxwell said confidently. They would find him if it was the last thing they did.

"But, I want to accelerate the process" Maxwell added.

"How?" Adrian asked lost, they were doing everything.

Maxwell looked at Adrian and told him "I want you to call Sebastian...."

Adrian carefully listened to Maxwell's plan.

***

Evelyn was back in the hotel with Ria, she had finished her shift in the afternoon but today they were shot staffed and had asked if she could come in for evening for a few hours. She would of course be paid for it. So she came in during the peak dinner time and she and Ria could get off the shift at the same time in a few hours.

She had readily agreed as once she started school it would become difficult for her and she might just quit this job if she was not able to handle both school and this hotel job. So if she could make some quick buck, why not?

Ria and Evelyn were again on cart duty as they were supposed to deliver this huge load of dinner to the top floor so both of them were pressed in to service. When they reached the top floor they went through the same amount of checking Evelyn went through early in the morning. As they reached the door. Evelyn saw Adrian step in to the hallway from a fire escape door.