Prince of Roma- Chapter 27

Chapter 27
---------------

Evy had never felt so foolish in her life. She should have stayed in that stupid room. Now like a fool she locked herself and imagine how she would look to someone who found her. Her neck went red with embarrassment and she face palmed herself. What a way to make a first impression!

She looked around the hallway she was locked into. She worked in a hotel before and she knew a service passage when she saw one. This was definitely a service passage. She looked up to see if there were any cameras, maybe she could wave at one? As her luck would have it , there was a camera down the pathway where the path the path split in to a 'T' one leading to left and another to right. She walked down and stood at the juncture and looked both ways. She looked up at the camera and waved meekly and stood there hoping someone would come find her. She had no idea how much time passed but nothing happened, she looked around on her left was a similar door she had walked through and on her right was a door as far as she could see there was no access card reader next to it and it had a bold red text on it "FIRE EXIT" with a typical sign of a man running from flames.

She slowly walked over and hesitantly tugged at the door and it opened without any resistance. She walked in to the doorway to be greeted by a stairway they led down. She contemplated if she wanted to wait around, but had a feeling that if someone was watching that video on that camera they should have come over by now, so with the only alternative left she started descending.

Strangely, the first two levels she descended the fire exit doors were locked as she reached the last floor she prayed before trying to pull open the door and to her surprise it opened. With relief she walked out in to a hallway again she had two paths in front of her and she turned right and walked for a few feet when the path turned left as she turned she saw one more double door and she could open it, the moment she opened the door she walked in to a large passageway in to a sea of people moving around busy in activity. Most ignore her are gave her a strange look before hurrying away, with their uniform and equipment they were carrying all she could realize they were some kind of kitchen staff.

"Excuse me?" She stopped someone.

"Yes?!" That someone stopped gruffly.

"I am...kind of lost..." she said in a meek voice, feeling foolish.

"Follow me!" he commanded and turned on his heel and kept walking.

Evy meekly followed him through a maze of hallways until he stopped at a booth where a guard lounging.

"She is lost!" he hitched his thumb behind him at Evy and simply walked away.

Evy looked sheepishly at the guard.

"Please follow me ma'am" He said politely as he got up and started to walk, after going through a maze of passages again he came to a door. Swiped his access card on the card reader and held the door open "This way please" He told her.

As she stepped out, he promptly closed the door behind him.

She turned around and stared at the door with a big red minus sign that said "Restricted Access" on it, where the guard was a moment ago.

She stared at the door for a moment in shock and looked around. She was in a massive hall with throngs of people going around the hall in neat little lines marked by velvet ropes. The door she came out was near the entrance of this hall and people were thronging in in droves.

***

Sebastian walked in to Roma's office.

"Is our guest settled in?" She asked him.