Prince of Roma- Chapter 22

Chapter 22
----------------

"Take me with you" She said after a moment of silence, desperation seeping in to her voice.

The way his shoulders drooped and his eyes reacted to her statement she knew the answer even before he voiced it out.

"I will come with you" She suggested again, she sounded so clingy but she couldn't help it.

"Evy" He said softly, running his hand through her hand "I only wish I could" He signed in resignation.

"Why? Why can I come? I will stay in the room out of your way. I am done with my exams and there is nothing holding me back" She pressed.

"Evy" He sighed again "Baby. You don't even have a passport"

She bit her lip. It was true, they had applied for her passport and it was supposed to come in any day.

"Can't we wait it arrives, it's supposed to be here any day now"

"I...Evy, I just can't take you over to Africa, it's not safe"

"But you are going!" She retorted back, if it was not safe why the hell was he going?!?

"Evy, I cannot be distracted and worried there and I would be. We will have to make double the security arrangement and we might as well take an ad in the newspaper that I have a mate. Every enemy of mine will know in the next twenty four hours that I have a mate and at this point I don't want to put you in that risk" He gently explained, while massing her neck and shoulders.

"But people will know about me anyways" She offered weekly as he pulled her to the sofa and planted her on his lap.

She tucked her head under his chin and softly massaged his chest with her hand.

"By the time they do Evy, you will be safely tucked in Roma with me" He answered.

She pulled back and looked up and asked her eyes wide "You mean I can't travel anywhere?" Would she be caged in Roma?

"No, No, nothing like that we will travel anywhere we want to but we need to plan, proper security precautions need to be taken. Roma has enemies Evy and it only takes one mistake" Max said grimly, he knew it too well.

He pulled her back and tucked her under his chin and put his arms around her, soaking in to her scent and surrounding her with his which he knew she needed.

She soaked in to her mates sent as it surround her, the sense of security it offered was unparalleled and you could only describe it in one word – Home. He felt like home.

"When?" She asked after a moment of silence "When do you need to leave?"

He hugged her tightly and murmured close to her ear "tonight"

She pulled back, eyes wide and heart pounding "tonight?" she rasped.

"Yes, the jet is in the airport and is being refueled, in a few hours it will be ready to fly" He said

"Few hours?" she echoed in disbelief.

"The sooner I am done, the sooner I will be back Evy" He offered "and I hate staying away from you too" his hands were gently massaging her arms trying to sooth her.

"But..." She stuttered, he was leaving tonight?!?!

"I will be back before you know it Evy" He offered.

"How long?" She asked.

"Four, maybe five days tops. You spend some time with your mom and Jeff and your pack because once I am back, I am going to keep you for myself" he promised, his eyes turning dark with desire.