Prince of Roma -Chapter 20

completely unedited folks, If i started to sit and edit it would have taken forever, I will come back and fix it later. Also to add, expect the next update around the 22nd.

Chapter 20
---------------

Palace of Roma

"Any update on the attack?" Roma asked Sebastian from her chair as he sat across her and the table.

He shook his head negative "No, Alex is following all leads" and it was too soon for any concrete intel.

"What do you think happened?" Roma asked looking at him.

"I think they saw a change is talking out some high level Roma wolves and they took the chance" Sebastian voiced his opinion.

"So you think it was not about her?" Roma asked.

"Unlikely but we are living on grace time, it's a matter of days before they know" He cautioned. It would have been best if Max would get his mate in to Roma before it even became public that he had a mate, now it seemed unlikely.

She sighed and asked "Where are we on Charles?" He was the cause of their misery she was sure.

"At a stalemate" He said in frustration. Weeks and weeks of manhunt accounted to nothing "We still have private contractors combing through Montana, he is safely tucked in Patrick Lockbourne's pack lands. We have no direct proof of that except the cell transcript CIA shared with us."

"Can we pin this incident on him" She asked, something she could take to the world council.

"Highly doubtful. He would be stupid if he left a trail behind that would pin this to him. I know how it would turn out, all the assailants would turn out to be rogues, recorded with violent pasts, mostly banished or escaped persecution from their Alphas. Nope, it would be written down as a rogue activity and without solid proof it would be difficult to convince otherwise." He added.

She was lost in her thought for a moment and then added after careful after thought "I want you to create a taskforce of your best trackers, who can evade scrutiny and can stay invisible" she looked at him "and then I want them to infiltrate the Montana pack."

"If they catch them it will be seen as an act of war Roma" Sebastian warned her of the consequences that was one reason they did not send any of their men in to Montana but hired human guards instead.

"We are already at war Sebastian" She said in a flat firm tone "We now know that the American packs are directly or indirectly responsible for my mate's assassination and now they try to target our top tier. It's time we stop pretending and realize that we are already at war."

"Ok, I will assemble a team" Sebastian told her, she was right they could not sit and do nothing when their family was being attacked.

"Make it quick. Make it quite" She advised "And till further notice I want all our forces at high alert ready to deploy at a moment's notice"

"Will be done Roma" he added.

"Anything else?" she asked him trying to dismiss him.

"Our friends in Africa are making some noise" He stated.

She started rubbing her temple in response "I thought Maxwell took care of it."

"He was in the middle of it when he hurried over to the US." Chasing down his errant mother he thought.

She sighed in frustration "Let's send him back there once things with his mate are settled." She needed Maxwell back, he was the power broker of their family, the one who made peace and with him tied up in Colorado lot of their business was piling up both the normal kind of business and the werewolf one.