Chapter 7

Chapter 7

--------------

Next morning Alex was out in the command center at the break of dawn fixing up some equipment with a few of his folks. He was assembling wings on what looked like a mini glider. Mini would be a wrong word for it as it was rather large to be considered a miniature. 

Five feet in length and about more with the wing span it was anything but a miniature, it was painted totally white and had an array of instruments under its belly, he was busy fixing its wings when a throat cleared behind him.

He smiled, no need to look back, the breeze carried her scent.

"Good morning! Evelyn, Had a good night?" He asked without turning, he was almost done fixing the wing on to the air-frame of the glider.

"Who says it's a good morning" she replied venomously. 

His smile grew broader and he paused set the assembly down and turned with a grin on his face and met her scowling stare .

"Bad night?"

"You could say that."

"Could not sleep?"

She just stared.

"Why I wonder?" he asked.

"You can take the credit for that" She snapped.

"Why Evelyn?" Alex said coyly "Had naughty dreams about me?"

"Wha...Why...How" she sputtered, she took a deep breath, reigning in her anger.

"Don't toy with me Alexander!" She gritted her teeth.

"My..My...using my full name, I am in trouble now" he held up his hands in mock surrender.

She just folded her hands across her breasts "Tell Me!" she demanded.

"You are the prettiest thing I saw this morning."

"Wha...!!!"  Her jaw dropped. That was not what she expected.

"I assumed that's what you wanted me to tell." Alex grinned, enjoying unnerving her.

He could see the fire in her eyes "Alex!" she hissed like a cobra about to strike.

Again he put his hands up in mock surrender "I will, but I will do it on a full stomach, so let's have some breakfast and without waiting for her response he stated towards the pack house. He could feel her trailing behind him with a thundercloud over her head.  His grin grew wider. 

It was a very good morning indeed.

***

The only sound was of Alex's cutlery the knife scraping the plate.

"Good bacon" he muttered his mouth full.

Evelyn just stared at him from opposite side of the table, if looks could kill....

"You should try it" He said pointing his fork to her untouched plate.

She just stared back at him.

"Evelyn, thank you for the lovely breakfast" he said, she looked at him confused.

"Why, thank you Alex that was the least I could do for you" Alex mimicked a conversation changing his tone as if Evelyn was talking to him, she just raised her eyebrow.

"Oh, Evelyn you didn't have to, but I know you could not resist my charms."  

"Alex" He fake giggled continuing his monotone and imitating her and making her gag "how could I not, you are so charming."