Chapter 7

This chapter is dedicated to JadedRein, who wrote ‘For Hating Me You Sure Are Possessive’ one of my all-time favourite wattpad stories – If you haven’t read it, you need to immediately!

Chapter 7

RECAP:

Just as I was about to sensibly continue walking I heard a loud thud, followed by a grunt. Again my curiosity shot up, and eventually got the best of me as I found myself slowly moving towards where the sound came from.

I could feel my heart thumping against my chest, and I wondered if this would be how I died: murdered in my own school behind the bike shed. At least it would be dramatic.

I shook my heard from these thoughts, scolding myself for being so morbid. I shifted closer, and cautiously poked my head around the corner being careful not to make any sounds or alert anybody of my presence.

However, I couldn’t prevent my jaw from dropping at the sight before me.

To say this isn’t what I was expecting would be the understatement of the century. I couldn’t help but feel my eyes water.

They didn’t even notice me, but just continued. I didn’t know whether to be relieved or furious for that.

There he was, in all his glory, pinning up a girl to the wall.

Her legs around his waist.

Her arms were around his neck.

Her hands in his hair.

His hands on her bum.

And his mouth on hers.

An undeniably intimate position.

Classy.

I knew that I should probably leave, but I was frozen in place. As much as I didn’t want to see this, I just couldn’t look away. Should I be grateful that they still had their clothes on? Because it sure didn’t look like they would for much longer.

I don’t know why the sight shocked me so much, it was obvious from his attitude and looks what kind of boy he was. He was a player. He is a player.

Why had been I even so affected? We weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend. We weren’t friends. We were barely even acquaintances. So why was the thought of him with anybody else completely repulsive?

What had I even seen in him in the first place? – was I really that superficial to like someone simply because of their looks? It’s not like I had the opportunity to get to know him.

Here I was obsessing over him like some pathetic girl, when he probably didn’t even remember my name. I felt so stupid.

An unattractive and overly loud moan brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up and into the eyes of Sarah Blaine. A girl I barely knew. Although I do recall that I had regularly overheard her boasting to her friends about her ‘sexual experiences’ – or whatever you want to call it.

My eyes widened in shock when I heard a gasp. I knew what was going to happen, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Just as I predicted, Jake turned around and looked right at me. As soon as we made eye contact, I turned around and ran.

I couldn't bear the mortification of letting him see me so upset. I mean I was crying for goodness sake. It doesn't get more bar adding than that. Because he would want to know why I'm crying, and right now - I don't even know why so there's no way that I would possibly want him to know that I like him.