Chapter 14

This chapter is dedicated to xxthebelieverxx who 'A Bet Gone Wrong' and the sequel 'A Promise Gone Wrong'. Both are amazing stories. I am completely inspired by all these authors on wattpad, and can only hope to recieve a slimmer of the support and recognition they have recieved.

NOT BEEN EDITED YET!

Chapter 14

RECAP:

"So what do you think then?" Dean asked self-assuredly.

My eyebrows creased in confusion. What was he asking?

"Wh-what do you mean?" I stuttered, suddenly feeling paranoid - as if he could read my thoughts. He can't know that I was thinking about Jake, that'd be way too embarrassing; way too embarrassing.

"What do ya' say?" Dean questioned raised his eyebrow cockily, "I think we'd make a hot couple."

My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets at the mention of the word, 'couple'. I may have zoned out of the conversation, but had I really zoned out of the conversation and missed that? It seemed a little unlikely. He must be joking with me.

Blinking, I was taken aback at his suggestion. Shock; I couldn't feel anything but shock. Was he actually being serious? He couldn't be; could he?

"Cool babe, we'll go together then. You might even get lucky that night," he hinted, winking at me in a repulsive manor, alongside a cocky grin.

The way he grinned at me made me physically cringe, it wasn't like when Jake smiled at me, because when Jake smiled at me it was like I couldn't breathe. When Dean smiled at me, I felt completely uncomfortable and wanted it to end as soon as possible.

Following his odd question, he swiftly got u, sauntering his easy out of the classroom. "I know you enjoy my company, but time's up babes. See you later prom date."

My mouth dropped open, in what I would call a natural reaction to his cocky attitude.

I didn't even want a date to prom; I just wanted to go with my friends. And I especially didn't want to go with Dean. I could barely stand the boy.

Sighing loudly I dropped my head to the desk, why didn't I just say no? Sometimes I was too compliant for my own good.

....

Sitting in science first thing I, again, couldn't stop myself from staring at the door in anticpication. It had been two days since Jake was at school last, and it was setting my nerves all over the place.

Sneakily I reached into my blazer pocket and took a peak at my phone. My school was really strict when it came to phones, and I didn't fancy having my phone confiscated - the last thing I needed was having to politely ask my mum to pick up my phone for me from reception. Things were still tense after the whole incident. Luckily I'd been able to keep to my plan and managed to avoid my dad easily; one of the perks of your father working late so often. And my mum was easy to avoid, I was always studying anyway.

It was only eight fifty eight, still two minutes until the start of lesson. Plenty of time for him to arrive.

Nervously I continued gazing back and forth from my book to the door. The shock Chelsea had when I, not only showed up at her house on time, but actually early, was enough to make me wonder why I hadn't done it before - if anything, just to see the look on her face.

There was only a few other people in the room and I couldn't help but feel anxious. Would he be here? Or not?

It had been two days now. Surely something was wrong? Gossip spread like wildfire in this school and some of the rumours were shocking. Clearly I couldn't rely on that source.