Chapter 10 (Jake's POV)

This chapter is dedicated to Missii who wrote one of my absolute FAVOURITE stories on wattpad – Silent Love! It’s just been put back on wattpad, and I’m so happy I could cry! If you haven’t read it yet, you seriously need to, because I am genuinely obsessed with it!

And just a note, Jake swears a lot okay! If I offend anyone, then I’m really sorry, but I want you to get a sense of his character and it won’t work if I have to sensor that. I don’t swear myself and I don’t plan on writing in his POV very often, maybe not even again – so please don’t be offended with his filthy mind!

Chapter 10

(JAKES POV)

RECAP:

“No, really, thank you,” I emphasised, making sure I conveyed just how grateful I was.

He gave a brief nod of recognition, which wasn't a lot, but I knew he understood. 

A comfortable silence rose, and I’m not sure why I did it, or if I would regret it later, but I did it anyway.

“Do you want to come in for a bit?” I asked, biting my lip in contemplation; should I really be asking this?

I looked at her in shock: was Ellie really inviting me into her house?

She looked as if she was regretting what she asked, making me realise that I still hadn't answered her question. Snapping myself back into reality, I hesitantly replied "Yeah, sure."

Leaving the door open for me, I let myself in, following behind Ellie. Very briefly I wondered what her house would be like. What her bedroom would be like? I shook that thought away almost instantly. I couldn't be thinking something like that. Not at a time like this, we were alone in her house. It had been way too long since I'd hooked up with a girl, and I didn't need the temptation.

Unfortunately Ellie had already ruined that for me. The only escape I actually had from my crappy life. Admittidely, it wasn't her fault. She couldn't help being so desirable. She couldn't help being the only thing I thought about. 

This wasn’t helping the situation I thought bitterly. Ellie was merely a friend. I didn’t need to drag her into my pathetic excuse of a life. She was too good for that, far too good. I would just have to bear it. I grimaced at that thought, no girls compared anymore, and a life without a little womanly distraction was sure going to be difficult.

“Would you like something to drink?” Ellie asked politely, being careful to act the perfect hostess. I had to supress a laugh. She was a sixteen year old girl, yet she was acting like a thirty year old woman.

“Sure, a cup of tea would be nice,” I replied nonchalantly. Keeping my guard up around this girl was going to be hard, but I felt so drawn to her. I needed to be around her, some way or another. If that way was just as a friend, then I could deal with that. And a friend is all it will ever be. She deserved more, so much more than I could ever give her.

Oh my fucking god, I moaned.

I sounded like a therapist or a girl. Either way, it was pathetic.

She looked shocked that I had asked for tea. What? – bad boys with filthy reputations still enjoyed a cup of good English tea.

As Ellie was making the drinks, I made myself comfortable in her living room. Making sure to make a fuss of Cody, giving him a stroke; although it may not fit my reputation I was actually a fan of dogs.

However I was quickly distracted when I heard Ellie talking to someone on the phone. Naturally, curiosity got the better of me and I couldn’t help sneaking around the corner as a way of listening to her conversation.