Chapter 12

• इन्हें समर्पित: lilly-rain

This chapter is dedicated to lilly-rain, who wrote She’s One of the Boys and the sequel, She's On The Hunt. Both amazing stories!

-- NOT BEEN EDITED YET! --

Chapter 12

RECAP:

"Oh, I know," I exclaimed, "We should play twenty questions."

It might be really cheesy and what all protagonists in romance novels or films do - but it was actually a good idea in terms of getting to know someone. The prospect of being able to ask Jake about his life and learn more about him – without seeming like a stalker, was too good for me to pass up on.

"Twenty questions?" Jake muttered sarcastically.

"Yeah," I enthused, finding myself genuinely excited, "It'll be fun."

Jake looked baffled for a moment, and simply stared at me – almost in a daze. But quickly shook his head as if to clear his thoughts. "Okay," he mumbled, "twenty questions it is."

…                                

We were currently both sat on the floor, cross-legged –face to face. Well, considering Jake was a considerable amount taller than me, we weren’t entirely face-to-face – but you get the idea.

Honestly, Jake looked a little bit ridiculous. Like me, he had his legs crossed, which proved to be difficult for him. He looked daringly similar to a playgroup child, but one that had taken steroids and grown into an incredibly buff teenager, almost adult. It was almost comical how he looked so overgrown in his school uniform: the black trousers, white shirt and navy blue tie. Still, he managed to keep his bad boy persona through his leather jacket, which replaced the compulsory black blazer, as well as the way he wore his tie loose and uncaringly. I almost sighed aloud; he was just like the day I’d met him – he hadn’t changed a bit.

“Okay,” I started, clearing my throat, “I’ll start off.”

Getting distracted right now was the last thing I needed. Instead I wanted to take control of the situation, so to speak. Being able to talk to Jake so freely was a rare opportunity; I could literally ask him anything and he’d have to answer. Who knew when this would happen again?

I made the tactical move of starting off the questioning easily; keeping him in his comfort zone before I hit the harder and more revealing questions.

Smoothly, I put on my best poker face. I needed to be serious, but at the same time carefree. Jake raised his eyebrow at me in humour; clearly my poker face wasn’t as refined as I had previously believed.

Jake simply chuckled slightly in clear amusement, “Alright, you just get started.”

Leaning forward he rested his elbows on his elbows, placing his hands under his chin in a praying motion: his smouldering grey eyes piercing into mine. My body tensed and flushed at his intense gaze. It felt like I was burning under his intense microscope.

Before I had time to become anymore flustered at Jakes presence, I launched into my first question. “So, what is your favourite colour?” I blurted out quickly.

Jake spurted out a loud laugh, leaning back from his before poised position.

“What?” I questioned self-consciously.

“My favourite colour?” Jake questioned disbelievingly, “that’s such a stereotypical question” he argued. I was about to argue but Jake interrupted again, “I don’t even have a favourite colour, does anybody? – do you? You can’t honestly say that’s what you wanted to ask me.”

My First Boyfriendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें