The Voice Inside My Head

"Jack! Jack please! Please come back, Jack swim, don't do this! Don't die"

"...please don't leave me lone."

My eyes snapped open as I gasped for air. That voice, I haven't had that dream in years. Well It's never been much of a dream. I see nothing but darkness, but I hear her voice. It's so familiar, I just can't place a face to it.

Just don't think about it Jack, block it out like always.

 My body feels like it's been run over by a dump truck, and then beaten with a crow bar. My god, how hard was the impact? I must have fallen from really high up.

Wait. The impacted! How long have I been out? This isn't good, it's dangerous for me to pass out so close to the pole.

Wobbling while standing myself up, I managed to lean against the side of the cliff. From the looks of things I fell about 400 feet. No one but me could have survived that. One of the only perks of being an invisible being I guess.

Finally I was able to regain my breath and vision, once that was done my mind exploded thinking all at once about everything that just happened. This only caused my head to sting.

My hand reached to rest its self on the side of my now pounding head, but stopped when it was met by a weird feeling, is it water? Why are my cheeks, wet?

Wait, could I be... crying?

My emotions immediately took over, my face distorted in pure rage "Ahh!" I screamed in annoyance. Letting off some of my steam by punching the ice wall behind me.

"Why do I let that bother me so much!" I stared down at my feet as I listened to my voice echo. This echo is as close as I've gotten to actually speaking with someone during my 300 years of life, but I guess that just counts as talking to yourself.

Slowly I let my hand slip away from the ice, leaving a small amount of blood caught in the cracks, I looked at my reflection in pure disgust.

I just don't get it... Why?

"I'm Jack Frost, I don't care about anyone but me. Never do I regret things that I've done.

So why the hell does that stupid accident keep bothering me!?"

Once again I was answered with nothing except an echo, but I was already expecting that.

However, I wanted an answer, even more than I ever have before. I want someone to tell me why, I need someone to tell me.

"Answer me damn it!"

Because your a murderer.

I drew in a sharp breath in surprise.  That voice... from before?

My body turned around, ready to fight whoever this person who has been following me is, but was met with nothing but an endless view of snow. Not a person in sight.

I mean, It's only natural for even a monster like you to feel guilty every once in a while.

I spun myself in circles, looking in every direction, but no matter where I looked I couldn't pinpoint the location of the voice. It was as if it were coming from all around me. Somewhere close... 

Almost as if the voice were...

In your head.

My blood ran cold. A slight feeling of fear crept it's way inside.

That's not possible right? There's no way.

"Liar! Come out and show yourself, coward!" My voice came out strong and sure of itself, however on the inside I wasn't quit so convinced, and that makes me worried.

Poor, poor little Jackie. Your nothing but the rejected spirit. The one nobody wants.

The voice seemed to have become more clear. In fact, it was loud. As if someone was speaking directly into my ears.

Gah! It hurts!

"Shut up! Get away from me!"

Haha, are you some kind of idiot. I've already told you. I'm in your head. You're stuck with me, and I will never let go.

"What do you mean? What are you?

You better run Jackie they're coming closer.

What? Who?

As if answering my question I saw a dark glimmer of black walking down the cliff.

At first I was confused until I realized who it was. I wasn't quick enough, they've found me!

I needed an idea and quick. That dark guy, Pitch. He was watching me. I know he's going to tell them where I am.

That's when an Idea popped in my head.

With all the strength I had , I created a large crevice in the ground. I'm afraid I'll just have to stay caged up in here, like a hibernating bear. I must keep myself hidden till I can understand what the hell is going on. It's the only way I'll have a chance against all of them.

With that I jumped inside. Closing the top, completely caging myself in.

"The next time we meet Guardians, will be when you fall. Enjoy your last bit of life. Enjoy it while you can."