Escape

Your a killer, nothing more. Only a pathetic helpless creature, who doesn't deserve life.
Haha! Why'd you do it Jackie? Why'd you do all those bad things?
You know you didn't want to. You know they make you feel bad.
So why?
All you do is make up excuses to justify your actions. You know deep down you don't want to hurt anyone.
You know you don't want to hurt the guardians.

"I-I don't?"

That's right. You think hurting them will make you feel better?
Lies!
Nothing you do will help with the pain. Your a monster
A murderer
A freak
No body likes you.
What happened to all those kids you let go? They shake in their beds, have nightmares about you every night. Why would you do that?
You know that's not what you want.
You want kids to love you. To be your friends.
Not fear you.
So why Jack? Why?

Why?

Why?

"Why Jack?"

Jacks eyes snapped open.
His head, beaded with sweat, heart pumping with fear.

He gasped in pain as his head began to pound and sting, his eyes snapped shut trying to make it subside, but only succeeding in making himself dizzy.
A moment passed by as he opened his eyes again, adjusted them to the dimly lit room.

"Why Jack?"

A cold chill ran down the boys back, that voice...he knew who's it was.
Slowly he turned his head to face her, his chest clenched when he saw, saw the awful state she was in.

Her color was fading into grey, her eyes were no longer bright and happy, her breathing was struggled, and she had a bandage wrapped around where her wings used to be. Looking away from her stare he saw he was still in the same room as before. Nothing had changed except the temperature seemed higher.

"Why did you do it Jack?"

He started at the ground, afraid to look her in the face.
But why? He could tell she has lost a drastic amount of believers, he should be rejoicing, laughing at her pitiful state, but when his eyes would gaze on her, he couldn't help but feel regret. It was like his personality had changed.

Tooth reached out her hand placing it on the boys cheek. The sudden touch startled him making her pull her arm back.

"I'm sorry Jack." She choked out. Knowing the sudden touch of someone was something foreign to him.

The boys eyes widened in shock as he watched Tooth begin to cry.

"I'm so so sorry. I should have come to see you, I should have checked up on you, spent some time with you. I got so caught up with my job that I never let it cross my mind."

As tooth spoke Jack just sat there. His head was spinning in so many directions, his mind didn't even try to understand the way he felt.

"It's my fault for being so cruel. I'm in the wrong for ignoring you, for hurting you. So why? Why would you take it out on the children? They are so young, they don't know any better."

Jack looked away from Tooth. He kept his face blank, unreadable.
He thought to himself 'the children ignored me just as the guardians did. They should all be punished, they must all be forced to believe. So that I can be happy, right?'

But something had been bothering him. Something in the back of his head had been telling him to stop. It's as if revenge is going against what he is, who he is.

"Tooth!" North yelled from the other side of the door.
"Tooth get out of there! It's too dangerous!"
The door nob shook as he tried to get inside.