Children Gone Missing

He tried to run, but I wouldn't let him.

Desperate pitiful cries poured out of the boy, echoing through the snowy blizzard ragging through the large empty fields.

Cold wind spiraled from very direction, seeming to form a cage trapping the small weak child like the little mouse it was.

There is no escape little boy, you're mine now.

All of those pointless snowball fights I've had in the past can not compare to the delightful fun I'm experiencing right now.

Luring these innocent children outside one by one seems to get easier and easier each time. I guess a few magic snow tricks outside a window would send any kid running outside to see.

Idiots. All of them.

I watched as my newest play mates short legs tried to trudge through the thick snow, countless tears were freezing onto his face. His desperate screams brought joy to my ears and a smile to my face.

So this must be it.

This must be what I'm meant to do.

I 'Jack Frost' am to bring people suffering and pain.

------------

"Mommy!"

"M-mommy!"

The child's face was now covered in oozing snot and icy tears. He sat on the ground hugging his knees while rocking back and forth.

I almost feel sorry for the boy, not!

I walked over in front of him, barley being able to hear his sobbing and moaning due to the loud wind, and with one quick motion of my staff, I brought the storm to a stop. 

Time appeared frozen with the snowflakes still floating midair. It would almost be beautiful had the walls of dark clouds not been present.

"Aww your not giving up yet are you?"

The boys head snapped upward, and rapidly scanned the area around him.

"W-who's there?"

Ah yes, here we go.

You see, every child I've captured has been able to hear my voice. Its rather nice. It adds to the fun, but unfortunately that's all, they can't see me, but I'll change that soon.

It's kind of like believing something's there but your not sure what. The children don't believe in me, they only believe there's a creature, no, a monster, whose out there. That monster so happens to be me. Just think about it like believing in me half way.

"Who's there you ask? Haha! What's wrong, are you scared?"

Immediately the boy hid his head with his knees sobbing harder.

"Leave me alone! Stay away!"

My eyes widened into a crazed expression

"Haha! Why would I want to do that! Don't you wanna play?"

I took a few steps towards the boy leaning close to his ear.

"Don't you wanna have a little, fun?"

-------------

1 month later

-------------

*news broadcast*

It's been three months as of today, since the beginning of the disappearances of children. So far 31 children have disappeared in different snow storms that have popped up at random. Law enforcement's are trying their best to find the young children and the one responsible for their disappearance. As far as we know the man or woman behind this seems to always strike at night and leave no tracks or hints as of where he or she has taken them. We can only hope this person is caught soon, and that the children are all okay.

~At the North Pole

The guardians were all gathered in santas work shop, and had been arguing over what could be wrong and where the children may be.
You see, the guardians are the ones responsible for protecting the children of the world. So they must address this matter and do all that they can to help find the children and keep them safe.

It seems every child that had disappeared had had their light on the globe go out at the same time.

North scratched his head. He appeared to have huge bags under his eyes and more gray hair than usual, giving him the appearance of an even older man.

He glanced up at the moon to see it in position to speak with them.

"Everyone quiet! Manny has something to tell us!"

Bunny tooth and sandy gathered near the light and watched intently.

Everyone gasped when Manny placed a shadow figure of Jack Frost across the stone floor.

"N-no" Tooth whispered.

"I always knew he was bad news" Bunny growled.

"Manny" North spoke urgently, " what must we do?"

---time skip a few hours later---

The guardians felt sick to their stomachs. They begged manny for another possible ally to help, but he denied and only allowed him.

The went down into the dark hole. An empty feeling surrounded them as they trudged through the cold layer of their enemy.

"Guardians" a voice that seemed to come from every direction spat.

"What business do you have here? Have you come to mock?"

"No Pitch." North whispered

"Then get out! I don't want to see any of your wretched faces again!"

Pitch pulled out his scyth aiming it towards them.

"Listen!" North yelled.

Pitch seemed taken back at his tone but silently stood waiting to hear what His enemy had to say.

North let out a deep sigh, his eyes full of regret knowing what he was about to say.

"Pitch, we need your help."