Jacks Fall

Third person POV

The voice leaned in and listened to the sobbing coming from the fragile winter spirit, enjoying every moment of his torture.

Jacks battle he's been fighting with himself all along has been destroying him. The guilt of everything hitting him at once.

Poor Jack.
You know, there is a way to make the pain go away.
It taunted, knowing how vulnerable and weak Jack was, and what it could do to him.

Jack silenced his sobbing his voice feeling with hope.

"R-really?"

Ohh yes
The voice hissed

All you have to do is let me take control.

Jacks heart dropped.

"What do you mean... take control?"

All I need is your consent, and then it will all end.
The pain
The loneliness
The tugging feeling in your chest
But also the Guardians.

Everyone will believe in you
And you'll be free.
What do you say Jackie?

I'll be free, the guardians gone, and people can see me, and touch me. I'll be able to feel.

Yes Jack, I can give it all to you. All you have to do is say 'yes'.

The boy didn't even have a choice from the beginning, the demon inside of him knew it. He patiently waited for an answer, he already beat Jack, he knew that the boy would let him, and let him he did.

Not even a second after Jack agreed, the voice began to try and tear Jack apart, but something was stopping it.

Jacks Teeth.
Slowly the boys mind clouded, a warm fuzzy feeling spread through his body.

All at once memories flooded into his mind, his life before Jack Frost, a life he didn't know existed, played like a record.
He saw his family, the love they had for him, the fun times he had, his friends, his lover, his wants and wishes, his dreams, and his death...
But it didn't end there, it had every moment with the guardians. The first smile he received from tooth, The Sandman showing Jack how he gives the children dreams, watching North fly through the sky giving him a kind wave and laugh, bunny and his prank wars against each other (that were always one sided). The guardians did love and care for him. They just had bigger and more difficult roles as spirits, how could he expect them to take out so much of their time for him. It's selfish! That's when Jack realized the one who was with him the most was The Man in The Moon. Never until now did he realize that MIM was there every time Jack was going through something, every time Jack felt hurt, and every time he was scared. MIM always shinned the brightest and tried to fill the holes inside him with light.

The shock of everything left Jacks mind scrambling for answers.

The memories vanished replaced with a horrid screech and nothing but red in his vision, not giving Jack time to process but one thing, he had to stop this demon and fix the damage he's done.

"No stop! Please! I've changed mind, this is all wrong! I need to find them, to fix everything!  Damn it stop!"

Jack pleaded and begged but it was to late, he had a hold of Jack, and he was slipping away. The demon laughed as Jack fought for control of his mind.

The more you fight the faster you go. It's over Jackie.

The boy stopped fighting

Once I take control I'll get rid of anyone who stands in my way.

"I've screwed up" Jack thought to himself. "I've screwed up bad"

Through the red Jack could faintly see the outline of someone. Someone holding him.

Tooth.

Jack wanted to cry, no matter what he did to her the guardians or the children, she still believed in him.

So badly he wanted to hug her back, to feel something other than pain, to apologize a thousand times over, and fix this mess.
But it's to late, all he's done is make things worse.
"I'm the spirit of screw ups not winter." He told himself.

I'll kill them all.

Jack snapped himself from his daydreams and back to reality.
"This things going to use me, it's going to get rid of my mind and take it over completely. He's going to hurt the ones I care about. I need to warn her!

Jack took every bit of strength he could master, every fiber of his being pushed through.

Stop! The voice yelled . Oh what do I care? You won't last!

Jack ignored him and kept on till he felt his eyes snap open making contact with Tooths wide beautiful ones.

The boy wanted to say a million things, he wanted to beg for forgiveness, tell her 'sorry' till his voice was gone.
But he didn't have time, already he was fading, the voice in his head had won.

He grabbed Tooth's hand and stared at her with pleading eyes, hoping she would listen, that she would do what he asked even if he was a monster.

"T-Tooth."His voice broke the silence of the room. "Run."

She looked confused, she didn't have time to ask questions. Jack was hoping she would jump up and leave, but she stayed put.

"Jack it's alright. What do you mea-"

He squeezed her hand, there was no time to question. Already Jack could hardly see anything around him.

"Please...", he begged, "run away."

He took one last hopeful glance at tooth.

'She's been crying.' He silently took note as he slipped away.
'I made the one who cared about me most cry...'