Waiting

Jacks POV

Months past and still nothing.
The guardians have no idea where I'm hidden, and not once have they come to this area.

Not that I'm complaining. Why would I want to see them? It would only make me feel angry and betrayed.

I mean they are just as guilty as the moon.

Ignoring me. Not speaking with me.
Never once dropping by to say hello, ask how I've been.
They pretended I didn't exist.

And no matter how much I wish to make them pay for the suffering they've caused me to go through, I'm just not strong enough.

That is why after our first encounter, I stopped gathering children. There is no way I'm going to risk being found.

Now all I need to do is wait. Become stronger, and then go forward with the plan I've been making for months.

Those guardians will know exactly what it felt like to be me.

Everyday they will have that horrible empty feeling inside. Never once being truly happy, knowing that to the world you're not really there.

In fact, those three hundred years I spent alone, being ignored by everyone, including the moon and the guardians, caused me to have to do 'certain things' to make sure I was real myself.

Have you ever believed that you yourself didn't even exist?
It's such a painful thing.
I would cause myself pain to make sure I was still breathing, still awake. You would to if you were rejected by the world, nothing but a story or funny phrase.

Now it's the guardians turn to know what it feels like to be me.

I smiled to myself.

I can't wait to see their faces when a child walks right through them, leaving them to beg for them to see, to cry in hope that their loneliness will end.

It will be so beautiful.

--- a few weeks later

The children's screams and cries have died down over the past few days.
Not once have I spoken with them, not once have I answered when they call for me.

All I've done is watch.
Seeing them change. Becoming brave, determined.

I'm just patiently waiting for them to make their move.

My power has grown. My body has changed.

Not one strand of silver hair left, my skin nothing but a sickly grey, teeth grown jagged and sharp.

My body seemed to become awfully thin. I could feel my cheeks sinking in against my teeth.

Once the children see me I know they will be terrified. My body gets chills just thinking about their reactions.

In fact, I don't think I can wait any longer. I'm getting awfully bored.

Standing up I began scratching my now long and sharp finger nails against the walls of ice.

The children went dead quiet.

I chuckled

The smallest child I had began to cry.

Oh yes, this is going to be...

Fun