You can see me

I do not own the song used in this chapter. It a creepy version of the lullaby Ring Around The Rosie that I found online.
------
Third person POV

His cold and slightly rasped voice echoed against the icy walls

"Ring around the rosie..."

Sobs of fear burst from the many terrified children.

"Pocket full of posies..."

"Stop it!" One yelled out to Jack

"Ashes, ashes..."

His nails dug deeper into the ice

"We all
fall
down..."

Jacks chuckle rang through the children's ears. Many stood frozen in fear.

"Ring around the rosie,
What do you suppose we,
can do to fight the darkness..."

Jacks voice deepened as spikes of ice slowly grew out from the walls, forcing the kids even tighter together.

"In which
we
drown?"

"Go away! Leave us alone!" One of the older boys protectively stood in front of a frightened little girl.

"You're scaring her stop it!"

But this only made the smile on jacks face grow bigger.

"Ring around the rosie..."

All the kids backed away. The fear built up around them, feeding jacks craving.

"This evil thing, it knows me,"

He made a small girl with pig tails slip and fall backwards, knocking the breath out of her. While another child was pinned to the wall, spikes of ice trapping him, unable to move.

Lost ghosts surround me..."

He leaned down infront of a little girl.

"I can't fall down..."

"No!"

Without warning one of the younger boys threw himself against Jack, causing him to fall back.

"What the!"

He jumped up to his feet angered.

"How did you do that!"

The boy looked at him as if he were stupid. "Because! You're standing right in front of me! I'm not going to let you hurt her!"

Jacks eyes grew wide. He looked around, every other child looked confused.

"That's not what I mean. What I'm saying is, how did you touch me?"

He walked up to a crying kid and stuck out his boney hand. He watched as it went straight through their chest.

Jack then walked to the boy who pushed him.

He held out his hand and it was slapped away.

Jack jumped back.

"Y-you can see me."

A slight pain etched through jacks chest. It wasn't the bad kind, but more of a longing. What he's wanted for so long has finally happened.

But it's not, in the way he originally planned.

"Of corse I can!"

The little boy smirked.
"What's wrong? You scarred? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Jack scowled.
"No, I am not scared. I just didn't realize you could see me."

The boy furrowed his eye brows "Why wouldn't I be able to?"

Jack gestured towards the many children surrounding him.

"Because they can't."

The young boy turned to face the kids.
"You can all see him, can't you?"

They all shook their heads. One of the little girls whispered "no body's there. Just a scary voice."

The boys face went pale. He turned to jack with wide eyes. "W-who are you? What are you?"

Jack grinned, knowing well that if he spoke his name the children would all see him.

"Have you every heard of the Easter bunny, Santa clause, tooth fairy, sandman, Mother Nature, and such?"

"Yes of course we have."

Jack grimaced. "Of corse you have." He whispered.

"You wish to know who I am huh? Well I'm like them. Accept the forgotten one. The one no one cares about! The one no one knows exists!"

Jack slammed his fist against the wall.

"I'm the one you all hear about in the winter time, but think I'm just a joke."

The younger boys eyes widened. "My mom told me about things like you. Spirits that bring joy and make kids happy. She told me all about Santa and the tooth fairy and everyone else. Sh-she even told me about you."

Jack starred blankly at him. "And that is why you can see me, touch me, because you believe in me." He pointed to the other kids. "They don't!"

He griped his fist tight. "And I'm going to change that! Soon everyone will see me! Everyone will know my name! And fear it!"

"So w-who are you?" One of the youngest managed to whimper from the back of the group.

"Haha... I'm Jack Frost."