one

ADRINA : 3 months later

"Are you joining us for ice cream later, biatchhh?" Valerie, my best friend of 13 years questions nonchalantly while sitting aside me on the swing set.

"Wouldn't miss it," I exclaimed almost sarcastically, eyes scanning over the numerous children on the playground.

"God, I hate kids." She rolled her eyes as a little boy ran by screaming with a dodgeball in his hand. I laughed at the perfect example and nodded, jumping off the swing to which she asked, "Where ya going?"

"Mom needs me for some reason, I'll be back in a minute or two probably." I assured her, brushing the wrinkles out of my skirt. We'd always chill around the school after we were done, most of the time because Val's mom was almost late every day and I was here anyway.

"K, just text me and let me know when you need me to come get you."

I nodded, finishing off our goodbyes as we parted ways for a short while before I sashayed towards the entrance of my school building.

My mother teaches 3 and 4 year olds at the school I go to, which holds grades preschool to year 12. It's convenient in the way that I have her here when I need to, but also slightly irritating because I've been trapped in the same school since I was five. I'vent got to experience with new kids or teachers at all, making the whole college idea nerve-racking.

I shook the thought out of my head momentarily as I turned into my mom's classroom, eyes landing on her frame and trailing to the man and little girl facing their backs towards me who were currently conversing with her.

I took a seat at one of the mini desks as I waited for her to turn around, the size of the thing obviously not meant to hold a 17 year old teenager but I didn't really give a flying fuck.

After my mom finished whatever she was doing, she mentioned my name and I raised my eyebrows. "What do you need, ma?"

I hadn't realized I'd interrupted their conversation, as the guy paused and turned his head at my voice.

What the fuck. It was the man, the fucking rude but somehow charming man, that caught a train ride with me that night.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched him study me, his eyes widening a fraction as I'm assuming in the same fashion as mine. This could not be any more... Odd.

"Adrina, it's rude to interrupt! I do apologize, Mr.Styles. She's got no filter at times." My mother laughed to herself and I discreetly rolled my eyes at her unneeded explanation.

"So this is Adrina," Mr.Styles observes, glaring slightly. I gnawed at the side of my cheek, uncomfortably not knowing how to respond. "We've met before, haven't we?"

I shook my head vigorously, eyes widening, "N-no, I've never seen you in my life"

"Are you sure?" He interjected falsely, obviously aware that he ran his big hands on my legs weeks prior from today.

Shaking my head no again I raised my hand, changing the subject quickly and getting to the point. "I'm confused. Just, why am I here?"

"Of course you are honey," my mother laughed while Mr. Styles looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, unaware of why I rejected our previous encounter. "You haven't even let me explain"

I ignored the looks, gesturing my hands as to ask, well what are you waiting for? How the hell did you run into the same people I met at 1 am some random day in October? And why do you need me here?"

"I've got a proposal for you, Adrina. You can take it or leave it." Train boy steps in, directly cutting to the chase. "My Anabelle here and I have been looking for a sitter to replace the.. old one. Your mother suggested that you'd be a great cut. I wasn't aware you didn't know, so the deal is on the table. However it is moderately urgent."