four

ADRINA

My eyes slowly drifted open to the pitch black and I sighed, staying put for what felt like a whole ten minutes before I rolled over and looked at that clock. Lazy ass.

6:34 pm. After school I just climbed into bed and took a nap, feeling blessed the long week was finally over.

I felt refreshed and decided on taking a hot bath since I'd always but bath bombs and never had a time to use them.

The whole time -- which felt like an hour-- I was scrolling through tumblr before I decided to actually wash up and get out.

I pulled on a Nike sweatshirt, a pair of plaid pyjama shorts and my favorite green fluffy socks. Fashion icon.

After I take a seat at the end of my bed I take out my laptop and go right to my movie library. It's sad how I spend my Friday nights cooped up in my bed but it's also pretty comical.

I pick out White Chicks, of course, seeing as I'm in the mood for a good laugh and nothing could fill that role better than this. 

Me: mom this is an emergency

Mom🙅: what is ! ?
Adrina !

Me: I need a bowl of popcorn delivered to my room within the next 10 minutes asap

Mom🙅: you are 2 much. Stop

Me: pleaseee !

Mom🙅: Talk to you later ,

Damn. I tried. If only Valerie was here to keep my company. Or even Niall- I think the boy enjoys this film more than I do.

Oh well, this'd have to do. About a half hour into the film I find myself laughing my ass off at Latrell. (A/N I want to befriend the writers of this movie omg) I turn to lay on my stomach and as I do so there's a knock on my door.

"Come in," I chirp, my eyes glued to the screen when the door creaks open. "Did you deci-" I pause when my head turns and I catch sight of Anabelle standing in my doorway besides Mr. Style's, who's holding popcorn.

Confused would be an understatement.

"H-hello." I stutter and situate myself upwards and off my elbows. When the movie interrupts the thick silence my cheeks redden and I quickly pause it. Shit.

"Drina!" Anabelle sings and rushes towards me, jumping right into my lap to give me a hug.

"Oh, belle, manners first yes?" Harry clicks his tongue against the back of his mouth and shakes his head. "Sorry to intrude into your room like this, um, I've just swung by to drop off your check and Anabelle wanted to give a quick hello."

"It's okay, hi muffin. How are you?" I look down at her and grin. She shrugs and nestles her head into my neck.

"Alright, daddy's waiting." I tell her and when she shakes her head no I start poking her sides, making her laugh and eventually scurry off me. I follow along and once I'm at my doorframe I gratefully thank Mr. Style's for his courtesy to come by.

"Terry Crews?" He smirks at me, one hand on his hip.

"It's funny!" I testify, covering my cheeks with my sweater paws in attempt to cover the redness of them up.

I cross my arms when I take notice of of Mr. Style's curious eyes traveling up and down my body, my insecurities, making him clear his throat.

"Very well. We'll uh, be seeing you tomorrow, then, yes?" He breathes, looking down at me. He's definitely- at least- a solid 5 inches taller than me.

"Of course, sir." I confirm, asking myself why it's so instinctive of me to refer to him as sir. I still haven't come to a conclusion yet.

"I wanna stay in bed with Adri, Daddy!" Belle pouts and her father whispers something back to her as a response in which she giggles. My eyebrows shoot up at that- excuse me!

He hands me the bowl of popcorn that my mother probably shoved into his chest, and I laugh quietly mustering out a small thank you. God damn, why do I have to be so shy?

"See you tomorrow, love." Mr. Style's, or Harry, winks and grabs a piece of popcorn, tossing it into his mouth and chewing it obnoxiously as he grabs Anabelles hand and makes his way down the small hallway.

Strange, really.

-

In my mother's eyes, my life should revolve around school. Every Sunday she'd make me stay home and study for at least 3 hours- whether I had an upcoming test or not.

And she wonders why I spend Friday's and Saturday's lounging around.

"I forgot to give you this when Mr. Style's came around on Friday," her monotone voice itself shook me away from my previous thoughts and I snatched the check away from her hands. I'm surprised she didn't open it.

I nod and stick it under my textbook, pretending to work on something and waiting until the she left the room to pull it out and open it.

$250. 200 for the two nights, and just a little something for being such a doll. H.S. x

My eyes bulge and my face visibly reddens in color, sweet Jesus. This is an insane amount of money, I certainly can't take that- as much as I want to.

I should give Harry a ring, or at least confront him when I get the chance tomorrow. Honestly-the last time I babysat, which was a long time ago, I don't even remember make that much in a week or let alone two days...

For now, I slip it into my bra so I know my mom won't be able to get ahold of it, and continue on with my homework- continually being distracted by the thought of the long, curly-haired mysterious older man.

;;
this is short I apologize. Working on the next chapter though.
have a great night