five

ADRINA

As usual, I preformed my daily routine before school. Brushing my teeth, attempting countless haristyles before getting frustrated and throwing it up into a messy bun, sliding on my uniform and catching a ride with Niall to school.

"You're tired this morning," he points out, turning to me with one hand on the wheel. Niall's cute, pretty as I like to categorize it. The half blonde, half brown hair and the blue eyes was something he really pulled off. I had a crush on him when he moved here, but it faded away once we started getting closer. I can't even picture myself liking him now, the thought makes me puke inside.

"Sleepy," I mumble with my face half smushed against the head seat.

"Everyone and their mother is sleepy right now, get over it." He snorts.

I stick out my middle finger in reply, too tired to even cuss him out.

"Come on, we're already going in late. All we have to do is go to is lunch and then 3 more classes. Why so grumpy?"

"I know but school in general makes me want to roll off a cliff so it's not like the number of classes is gonna change that, Ni." I retort and raise my eyebrows. "And my mom pissed me off as usual this morning," I sigh and turn back to looking out the dark window.

"Eh, true. I just like English cos I'm so good at spelling."

"This is the part where I stop listening to your spelling bee stories and go back to slee-"

"No no I won't this time, I promise!" He laughs and I shake my head, "whatever you say."

"......But I did win fir-"

"Dios mio...You just can't stop!" I laugh, pushing open the passenger door when he pulls into a parking spot. "Bye, you moron."

"Are you really leavin- Fine! See you in lunch, where I'll finish my damn story!" He yells behind me and I roll my eyes playfully while making my way to the front office and checking in late.

I grab the needed books out of my locker and before I know it I find the cafeteria and spot Val looking for me.
"Oh, good morning!" She says sarcastically and I punch her arm.

"Don't act like you never slept in late," I pause, looking over your face. "Damn your makeup looks really good."

Our moods are always switching between snappy to cuten when we talk to each other.

"Why thank you. Spent about 20 minutes getting it the way I wanted though. I'm just learning," She shrugs. "I could teach you? You'd look nice with a light blush rather than a bronze."

"That's so much effort though." I whine. "You know how lazy I am when it comes to mornings..."

"You're so fuckin difficult, Adri. Where's Niall, anyways?"

"Here, but I brought a little friend." His voice comes from behind me and I flinch.

"Christ I almost fell off my chair, where the fuck did you come from?" I breathe and he chuckles, coming around to sit at the table. That's when I notice what he meant by little friend.

"Why do you have Annabelle with you?" I whisper yell so she doesn't hear me.

He smirks in amusement, answering "She was looking for you and asked me where she'd find you."

"Hi, Drina" She flashes me a smile, her chin barely able to rest upon the lunch table due to her short height.

"Hey cupcake. What's going on?" I grin at her in return, masking my face of confusion. I never got a break from this child...