eight

ADRINA

The smell of fresh bacon and maple syrup brings me from my deep slumber and up out of bed. I yawn as I stretch once I get to my feet, reading the clock that said 10:31 in the morning. Man, what a nice sleep.

Before I leave to meet the source of the wonderful smell I ruffle my hair in the mirror and check that I look somewhat presentable.

My feet carry me down the stairs and in seconds I'm in the kitchen, both Anabelle's and Harry's backs towards me. The pace of my heartbeat quickens as last nights events hit me, and my face immediately starts to blush.

I take a breath and sit on the stool right next to Anabelle. "Hiiii, Drina" She greets me happily, her voice pretty loud. Maybe it's because I just got up.

"Well, good morning," Harry says, turning around with a spatula in hand. An apron is draped along his waist, and there's a smudge of pancake batter on his face that I just want to lick off.

"Morning," I smile at the two, a million thoughts racing through my head at the thought of Harry. Fuck, I couldn't even control how shaky I was getting.

"Have you slept well?" He asks, sliding a full plate of pancakes and bacon in front of us. I gesture to his face, and he takes his thumb to swipe the batter off his cheek before sucking on it slowly. Holy hell.
"I reckon I heard some footsteps last night. I assumed it was you?"

I make a face in confusion.
"I got some water, yes.... What time did you hear me?"

"Sometime around three in the morning or so, I can't really remember. By the time I came to check you must've been gone already." He explains, teeth biting into the crispy bacon.

My heart falters at this -Did I fucking dream my kiss with Harry? My eyes take in his appearance, and he's not even wearing the same clothing as in my "dream."

"So that means we didn't even..." I whisper under my breathe. I need some food right now.

"Didn't what?" He questions, and that's when I know. But it felt so fucking real.

"It's nothing. Never mind," I sigh, smiling to assure him it was okay- even though that just sent me on the biggest and most disappointing trip.

"Bad dream?" Harry asks, watching me as I bite into the fluffy pancake nervously.

I nod. "You could say that."

-

"Looks like someone is having a little crush, huh?" Valerie shoots me a wink, giving me a playful nudge as we roam around the school hallways. It was our free period, which we thankfully shared together, and I finished explaining my detailed story to her regarding Harry.

"I don't" I shook my head. "It was just that.. a dream. My mind playing some dirty tricks on me."

She gives me a knowing look and rolls her eyes.

"What?" I gasp when she grabs my arm and tugs me down the decorated hallway. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Obviously," she starts, bringing me in front of the door of my mother's classroom. "I'm not dumb. You're not even blunt about the fact you have heart eyes for this pretty motherfucker. Second- this room is free right now."