seven

ADRINA

The party Liam had invited me to was tonight and I was noticeably anxious. Although Niall was going to be there, I was still on the edge of going to a college party with a hot ass man I barely knew.

I already canceled on Harry, which wasn't hard on his part either because it's his mother's birthday and she'd be visiting over there.

Now I'm sitting in my room, with nothing but a towel on, contemplating my clothing options-  which wasn't too wide of a variety.

As I reach for a blank hanger in my closet, my phone starts ringing and I know exactly who it is by the selected ringtone.

"What?" I answer with a groan.

"Wow you really seem enthusiastic to hear my voice." Valeria says sarcastically and I roll my eyes, letting out a short laugh.

"Sorry, I just can't think of anything to wear." I sigh. "But anyways, what's up? Why'd you call?"

"First off- I'm on my way over. Niall's dragging me along to this damn thing too. And second, apparently it's some kind of costume party?" She questions with uncertainty, as if I had an answer.

"Costume party? Halloween was almost two months ago..."

"I don't know man. College is wild."

"Okay." I laugh, my facial expression still that of confusion. "So where the hell do we go from here? Liam's coming in a little over an hour, Val." I start to panic at the lack of time I've got to figure something out.

"Chill. I told you I'm on my way, I've got us covered."

-

"Are you kidding with me?" I laugh in disbelief when she pulls out the two costumes- an angel and a devil.

"Oh, c'mon! What's so bad about it?"

I shake my head at her and sigh so deeply, it could probably knock down a house. "Never mind. There's no time to argue." I grab the clear bag filled with props, white shorts and a white long sleeved shirt as I skip to the bathroom and lock the door.

I don't even know what went through this girl's head when she bought these. Obviously not being my size, the skirt was a little too short for my liking. Nonetheless, I applied some light makeup and straightened my hair before placing the halo on my head.

Once I step outside the bathroom door, Valerie hollers at me and my cheeks flush in embarrassment. "You look great! I told ya bitch."

I ignore her previous comment and my eyes trail to her feet, "What in the hell are you wearing?"

"They're cute!"

"Okay, no. Not even up for debate. Take em off, I have another pair you can borrow in my closet." I demand, laughing with wide eyes when she looks at me angrily, "Yes, your highness."

-

"You look amazing, if I haven't told you that already." Liam gushes, turning to me as walk up the pathway towards the large frat house.

"You have, but thank you." I giggle when his cheeks redden and his eyes crinkle, even with the black paint under them. He was dressed as a football player and he really played the part.

"So, welcome to the party." He grabs my hand as he pushes open the large door. I get a little nervous as I look at my surroundings, but bite the bullet when I remember my closest friends are probably floating somewhere nearby.

"Wow," I gape, the words passing my lips without my control.

He smiles genuinely and leads me through a white room lit with neon pink and purple lights, a tight grasp on my hand. We get in with the large crowd of people dancing to "Where Ya At," and he immediately starts to dance.