eleven

ADRINA: 1 month later.

I had the sudden urge to beat the living hell out of my face with makeup and dress semi-nice. I had spent mainly all of the past few weekends couped up in bed, too lazy to function, and shockingly enough I wanted to break the cycle today.

It's not like I wanted to because I was going to The Styles' place or anything. Although. I've developed a playful love-hate relationship with Harry.

I spend about an hour getting my makeup to my liking, I wasn't on a crunch for time as I'd have about another hour until I left to watch Annabelle. Harry had texted me that he had an errand to run unexpectedly on a Saturday, and of course I had no trouble going to the house.

Fortunately I wasn't going to look half dead when I showed up either. Part of me was doing it out of spite, and jealousy. Harry's been going out a lot lately, and of course I'm already mentally jumping to thousands of conclusions -some that probably make absolute no sense, but you know, overthinking is my speciality.

I had to constantly make myself ignore the urge to feel and act some type way when it came to Harry, because he's just a small and innocent crush. Nothing more than imagination.

My hair was straight as per usual. My face had the attempt of a no makeup-makeup look, but what made it pop was my neutral eye paired with sharp liner and a mauve lip. Fall colors are always my go to.

As for my clothes I shimmied on jeans after putting on a black long sleeve top. With a pair of black Timberland boots and a shit load of setting spray I was finally ready.

I didn't have to leave right away so I decided to FaceTime Niall instead of contemplate my outfit for an hour, which I could EASILY do. I get insecure too fast.

"Hey bish" he answers without an ounce of hesitation, his words mumbled because of the amount of food in his mouth.

"I aspire to have manners like you" I comment, maneuvering around my bed to lay down on my stomach.

"I honestly believe you just want to be me" he shrugs and I laugh with a sarcastic nod. "Why you look so snatched right now though?"

"Eh, you know how I get those rare moments when I feel like playing dress-up. But I have to go babysit within the next hour."

"Zaddy." Is all he says, making me shoot him a look which basically tells him not to try it.

"Anyways," I sing, "What're you up to?"

"Just played FIFA with Liam. Was gonna ask you to hang but I'll prolly see what Val is up to now."

"Ew," I verbally 'bleh' at the name. "Sorry but he is genuinely the epitome of a dickhead."

"Oi, positively he is. But did you really have to drench the lad in God knows what liquor?"

"Maybe that was dramatic, but I kinda drank more than I usually do and those emotions hit me like a damn train, dude." I defend, the first time I've thought about the situation in a while.

"To spill some real tea right now," he clears his throat and lowers his voice, "He's not even back with Sophia. He went through all that difficulty for nothing."

"Wow! I'm glad he could use me as a test run then!" I verbally force the sarcastic enthusiasm, earning a laugh from Niall.

"He actually won't shut up about how sorry he is, and I tell him to make that known to you but I think the guy's too scared of you now."

"Good. Should be." I huff. As if I'm so tough anyway, though. "Alright boo, I'm gonna go hang with my little BFF we'll talk later."

"I should be offended at that, but I'm not." he grins before saying goodbye and hanging up.